Killing Tackle Stores..

Guest danielinbyron

This, incidentally, is my attitude these days after buying something on line about 2 years ago and having my card details pirated and used unauthorised to the tune of $4900. Kinda gets you a bit twitchy about sending stuff over the wire. Got the credit back but caused a total shitfight for about 3 weeks.

Russ.

following on from Russ

To all i have a C/C that has a $500 limit on it so if i get done with it. the max i will lose is the $500

I feel that maybe i could raise it to $1000 but $500 is heaps for me.I only use this card over the net for purchases of things.

On topic of dealers

I have bought things from stores and ebay/net stores But the thing is i did my homework first

then i bought where i was getting the best deal.

Currently i am trying to find a part for my boat radio/stereo i have called dealers and checked on

2 known boating suppliers sites and also where they buy there gear from. Either no one understands

or cant be bothered helping.But i know there is one on Ebay now listed for a while.

So i am forced to buy of the Net.

welcome to the global economy

if i can buy something cheaper than what the local tackle shop buys it for, then the local tackle shop is pritty stupid then.!!!!!!!!!

when going through ebay tackle shops feedback... i often see other tackle shops buying things in bulk. where is there loyalty to there supliers.??????

be realistic!!!!! in this day and age consumers are well educated and look for the best deal.

welcome to the new economy and say hello to generation Y

adapt or be left behind.

welcome to the global economy

if i can buy something cheaper than what the local tackle shop buys it for, then the local tackle shop is pritty stupid then.!!!!!!!!!

when going through ebay tackle shops feedback... i often see other tackle shops buying things in bulk. where is there loyalty to there supliers.??????

be realistic!!!!! in this day and age consumers are well educated and look for the best deal.

welcome to the new economy and say hello to generation Y

adapt or be left behind.

Couldn't agree with you more...but Iam genX Cheers KElvin

Hi guys,

Some great points have been made in this thread and some good suggestions.

Here is mine situation and why I purchase the majority of fishing tackle from the net.

I currently live at St Marys about 15 minutes walk from Watto's, however I work in the city. This means an hour train trip each way. So by the time I get home in the arvo/night Watto's and other Tackle Stores have closed and probably on their way home. Most Saturdays I fish, Sundays I recover and spend time with my family. This not only stops me from buying things from TS but also from developing a good relationship with them so I can get good deals and the time to ask advice.

This is why the net suits me perfectly, I can shop when I want, compare prices from all over the world without leaving my desk. I only buy from respected sellers and most do have return policies, you may say returning them is not as easy as going back to a local store but in my case yes it is. As already stated by Aron I can get all the advice and reviews from the great members of Fishraider.

Cheers

Stephen

Guest claudia

Hi Guys

I believe in supporting local business, no matter what industry it is. But i was sick and tired of Sean buying fishing gear every week and getting ripped off, therefore we started to get into fishing gear. It hasnt been easy a lot of hard work believe me.

We are giving our customers the opportunity to save a little money, we started our little business on ebay. I know a lot of people hate ebay, but thats fine. Ebay has given us the opportunity to grow our business and give Sean his dream of opening a tackle store.

There are heaps of tackle stores around the whole of australia and if they were not making money they wouldnt be in business. We need to give everyone a fair go.

youre right supporting local guys is important but times are changing lge tackle stores buying power affect pricing on all tackle shops and really hurt the little guys i once bought a box of 10/0 gamakatsu livebait hooks from a favoured shop only 2 find another shop a week later that sold the same thing 21.95 cheaper absolutley blown away i told the other shop owner he said he couldnt buy the hooks that cheap so 10 boxes later i know where i buy my hooks now all bussiness is cut throat these days not matter what you do its a big competitve world out their every body wants a deal and tackle shops want the sale people are more aware of being ripped off the net is great for buying and selling and but theirs nothing like taking it with u i shop at one shop hes been around a while and i always get the deal i want if they really want the sale they will be competitive after all they all sell the same gear its price that sets them apart ............ do buy things at dearer prices because the shop owners a nice guy do u i think not.....

Guest johblow

Moonlight you should call the Melbourne Cup mate - a whole paragraph without coming up for air! ;-) love the way you write - please dont change.

I can't really add anything new - i agree that retailers need to embrace the web as a sales/marketing tool. There'll alway be a place for a local bait shop but. Cant imagine buying livies over the web!!! Add 1 live poddie to cart... :074: and a tube of reel lube for the hell of it.

Edited by johblow