Port Douglas Charter

Sammy

Hello Raiders,

I know we're supposed to report on catches in and around Sydney waterways but I simply couldn't resist in sharing my adventure with you all..I figured that you would all appreciate it as the encouragement and support shown on this site is awesome.

Last week I was lucky enough to get on a charter in Port Douglas, had the :wife: covered with natural spa's and hot stone massages :biggrin2: etc so off I went. With expectations not so high due to the number of people booked on the charter I thought here we go another bottom bashing tangled up frustrating charter.

Whilst we did get a bit of that in the begining especially with the non fishos on board it did get better as the more 'experienced' fisho's started reserving the more strategic parts of the boast :thumbup:

Cut a long story short after a good few hours of bringing up coral trout, small tooth nanagyis,mangrove jacks,sweetlips.. it came time to through out a livie so I kept on pestering the deckie to put a small reef fish out on the livie rod. After some negotiating and re-arrangement of the bottom bashing lines we cast the next caught livie out and I volunteered to bring in the unsuspecting victim.

What followed was simply breathtaking and what dreams are made off.. I had to pinch myself that I wasn't watching an ET special instead buckle down for some serious winding action. This beautiful GT came in at 34kg's and took nearly 40 mins to land and I must add I have never experienced arm pumping like that it was simply an awesome fight :yahoo: and one I will never forget.. She was realsed in good health to reproduce again and hopefully again. As you can probably tell I'm still pumped by my experience.Happy fishing to you all and may you all experience something like this in your lifetime.

pic to follow soon

Amazing GT !!!!! I've read they go hard. 40 mins is a long time to tussle on a boat full of lines, great effort to bring it in.

Put that one in the memory bank, and congratulations !!! Bigger congratulations for letting her go.

I hope you managed to bag yourself a coral trout or mangrove jack, both beauuuuutiful fish to eat !!!

Guest IFishSick.

Hi Every one,

Here is Sammy and his fish.

Geez you weren't kidding were ya Sammy :thumbup:

Cheers.

Robbie.

post-256-1162952285_thumb.jpg

Absolutely awsome. Whack it into the Fish Of The Month :yahoo:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your support.. it's been the talking point in my household since I got back :1prop: and I think I need to stop showing the photo now to everyone who crosses my path! A few :beersmile: were definately had around the resort pool the night I caught it, although I did have a hard time convincing the :wife: that it was real and not some rubber blow up fish that they let the tourists take photos with :074:

Anyway back to the bread and butter fishing now and boy am I looking forward to my next bash..Happy fishing this weekend all