Some People Really P*ss Me Off!

mrmoshe

Guest Big-Banana

Well, I broke my rule today about not fishing Narra Lake on weekends.

I was sitting at home looking out and the lake looked oh soooo inviting.

So I weakened and got my gear together, got some more whitebait and headed for the lake.

It was even more crowded than last weekend as there is an outdoor concert on in the park tonight, so

many many families making a day of it.

My "secret" spot was taken by a family who spent all afternoon throwing whatever they could lay their hands on in the water while dad tried to fish. Needless to say he got zilch.

I moved down a bit from them and the same thing happened again. Boats zooming past at full

throttle running over my line, all the time waving and yahooing. :1badmood:

Anyhow, a little handicapped kid in a walking frame about 6 years old came up and was fascinated by my fishing.

I was hooking smallish bream and releasing them, one after another.

He was asking questions all the time of "What fish is that", What are those small fish in my bait bucket"

all sorts of questions which I happily answered,all the while, his family was having a BBQ behind me looking on.

I was running low on bait by this stage, so the next fish I hooked, I handed him the rod and said "you can wind this one in"...His eyes lit up like saucers when I offered him my rod and he, with a little difficulty, managed to wind in a 30cm flounder.

The smile on his face was priceless. He was grinning from ear to ear and giggling.

His family rushed over and gave him a big hug and congratulated him on his first ever fish.

His Mum told me later he has always wanted to go fishing, but his intellectual handicap they thought was

too much for him to do it.

So to say I was glad I went down today is an understatement.. I hope he now asks his parents if they can take him fishing more often now and who knows..perhaps a future Fishraider.

Cheers,

Pete. :thumbup:

Thats unreal mate!!!

I was running low on bait by this stage, so the next fish I hooked, I handed him the rod and said "you can wind this one in"...His eyes lit up like saucers when I offered him my rod and he, with a little difficulty, managed to wind in a 30cm flounder.

The smile on his face was priceless. He was grinning from ear to ear and giggling.

His family rushed over and gave him a big hug and congratulated him on his first ever fish.

His Mum told me later he has always wanted to go fishing, but his intellectual handicap they thought was

too much for him to do it.

Pete. :thumbup:

Good work Pete, I think a lot of kids would never have fished if somebody other than their family did not introduce them to the sport.

Evil