Help Needed For Photography Project

Mondo Rock

Hi Fishraiders

This is an unusual request for information, but I have a friend who is a photographer and we are looking for some help finding a particular location. The assignment requires that we shoot dead trees rising from the water at night, similar in style to this photo.

I know that some of the Queensland lakes, like Lake Awoonga, have this kind of scene aplenty - but we are hoping for somewhere closer to Sydney if possible. As the local lakes are usually full of bass or perch I reckon they must have all been fished by a Raider at some time or another.

So does anyone know of a lake nearby where the water levels are currently right for similar tree/lake shots.

All advice is grately appreciated!

Edited by mrsswordfisherman

Thanks Guys!!

Very helpful pics - especially Glenbawn. Looks like it could be the go, thanks Donna.

Mick - do you know where that photo you have posted was taken? They're some awesome trees but unless they are located relatively close to Sydney they're no good for us.

Ross - which lake are you referring to? 700km may actually be feasible for this project.

Thanks again for all your help!

If 700 km's may be in your range see if you can source any recent photos from Burrendong Dam, located near Stuart Town (between Orange and Wellington). When I lived near there it was during 1983 and another big drought was on I remember the dam looking like those photos.

Evil

Mondo, Lake Wyangala 3 and a bit hours from Sydney has plenty of trees like that in the upper

Abercrombie paticularly since the dam according to my mate back home is still quite low. The Lachlan

arm from memeory also has a fair bit of dead wood sticking out in various places. Most of the other

central west dams mentioned above also have dead timber as well.

My mate caught and released 3 good cod last weekend trolling and got numerous yellow bellies out

on Wyangala. Bit of fishing, a bit of photography a few beers = good weekend.

G'day Mondo ,

I believe it is a man made lake , ie , a large expanse of bush was flooded from the Murrumbidgee River , it is located exactly half way between Wagga and Hay , approximately 137KM west of Wagga on the Sturt Highway. You will pass over a large irrigation canal ( Main Canal) , and on your right hand side as you head west , you will see all of the dead trees sticking up out of the water .

Hope this is of some help.

Ross

Thanks Guys!!

Very helpful pics - especially Glenbawn. Looks like it could be the go, thanks Donna.

Mick - do you know where that photo you have posted was taken? They're some awesome trees but unless they are located relatively close to Sydney they're no good for us.

Ross - which lake are you referring to? 700km may actually be feasible for this project.

Thanks again for all your help!

Mondo, I took many more pics at Glenbawn last week with this thread in mind. Pm me if you want to view them.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Hi Fishraiders

This is an unusual request for information, but I have a friend who is a photographer and we are looking for some help finding a particular location. The assignment requires that we shoot dead trees rising from the water at night, similar in style to this photo.

I know that some of the Queensland lakes, like Lake Awoonga, have this kind of scene aplenty - but we are hoping for somewhere closer to Sydney if possible. As the local lakes are usually full of bass or perch I reckon they must have all been fished by a Raider at some time or another.

So does anyone know of a lake nearby where the water levels are currently right for similar tree/lake shots.

All advice is grately appreciated!

Lake Windamere near Mudgee has trees aplenty projecting out of the water. As a matter of fact that many you will be sick of the sight of them.

Have to agree, I go past Windamere every two weeks for work and yep, trees everywhere sticking out, it's sad as I think I read a few weeks ago it's down to 17 % capacity. Glenbawn would be similar, was up there on October long weekend with family for skiing holiday but Windamere produces same results and is abit closer to Sydney.