Bream On Sp's

UOMESX

Hey

I thought i mayswell ask this question because i simply cant catch bream on sps. I can catch flatties but no bream and i figured i mayswell blame the tackle and ask what setups (jigheads and sps) u guys find the bream like. Hope to hear back soon so i can give it another go his weekend. :1fishing1:

Hey

I thought i mayswell ask this question because i simply cant catch bream on sps. I can catch flatties but no bream and i figured i mayswell blame the tackle and ask what setups (jigheads and sps) u guys find the bream like. Hope to hear back soon so i can give it another go his weekend. :1fishing1:

have a read through the board, there are plenty of threads exactly the same as this one.

for example;

link

Just thought i might add this,

Catching bream consistently on SP's is very difficult when you first begin, to increase your chance here are some tips that i have used successfully.

1. Use small plastics such as 2" p/seed grubs on 1/16 or 1/32 #4 jigs when you first begin. Even small bream will nail this plastic, and it will give you confidence to upsize to a 3" BM for bigger breambo's.

2. Cast to structure, structure, and more structure!!!!. Bream don't like being out in the open away from cover so if you want to catch them, cast were they live!!! including pylons, wharfs, rock walls, snags, weed beds, oyster leases ect.

3. Pause your retrieve. Bream 'mostly' will follow a fluttering plastic, but only eat it after it is paused sitting on the bottom!!. Please understand this and incorporate some slack in your line and watch for signs of a bite. Bites are sometimes only little twitches in the line when you see anything STRIKE!!.

Cheers

BM