Tagged Fish

James

i caught a king yesterday with a tag in the side of him.

the tag had a fare bit of growth on it so didnt really see anything besides a few letters and numbers.

what should be done in the future in case of a similar catch

cheers James

You should take reference of the tag, if you are keeping the fish remove the tag and send it to fisheries with all relevant info.

Area of Capture, Date of Capture, Length, weight of fish

All these programs help the fisheries department on monitoring kingfish movements etc...

Mate good to hear

The more people that do the better

I know many people complain about fisheries and i have been one of them in the past but they have made the fishing in sydney better.

Things like Fads etc allow us to catch fish we ordinarly wouldnt.

They may not be perfect but in comparison to other parts of the world, Nearly all the world, our goverment departments are great when it comes to fishing.

Mate good to hear

The more people that do the better

I know many people complain about fisheries and i have been one of them in the past but they have made the fishing in sydney better.

Things like Fads etc allow us to catch fish we ordinarly wouldnt.

They may not be perfect but in comparison to other parts of the world, Nearly all the world, our goverment departments are great when it comes to fishing.

Fisheries are offering rewards at the moment for details of tagged fish. its only a few dollars but It is good to make a contribution to science. I don't think Kingies are on the list but I am not too sure. I work for DPI. Check out the DPI website and follow the links to NSW Fisheries. There's heaps of good stuff there.

Davo

HERE IS THE LINK(s)

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/archive/news-rel.../2006/catch-one

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/aboutus/news/rec...and-aquaculture

Davo

I heard that there was 10 bucks on offer for certain types of

tagged fish.

Is this correct?

:beersmile: penguin

Yeah. a $10 gift voucher for tagged bream, trevally and mulloway. Whacko. Its more about making a contribution to science than the dollars. Check out the links above. There is heaps of good stuff there for us fishos to have a chuckle at as well as seeing where our recreational fishing fees go.

Davo

Edited by DV8

Yeah. a $10 gift voucher for tagged bream, trevally and mulloway. Whacko. Its more about making a contribution to science than the dollars. Check out the links above. There is heaps of good stuff there for us fishos to have a chuckle at as well as seeing where our recreational fishing fees go.

Davo

Just wondering do they want the whole fish,the info on the fish only,

or do they want the tag,I only ask as i have caught 2 Kings that had

a small piece of tag in em,the rest was cleanly cut off.

Was wondering y?

:beersmile: penguin

Edited by penguin