Botany Bay(now With Pics)

kabz

Gday raiders

Got up today morning lookd at bom website and said a 10/15knot nw so thought ill heaqd out as soon as i got to the water saw tha it was so calm like glass calmest ive ever seen i say under 5knots went straight to the oil wharf to spot X and started burleying and then caught around 5trev's before we saw some smaill kings circling our boat so my brother put down a pilli a couple metres below boat 5minz later he was on a fish no one could stop and snapped next was my turn put a squid strip down deep and soon later i was on about a 5min fight caught a 70cm king then was followed by 2 smaller kingfish that took a small pilli then ended the day with a 35cm trevally and then the weather turned ugly and left before it got worse

post-1479-1164708109_thumb.jpg

post-1479-1164708192_thumb.jpg

Edited by kabz

i have pics of the water will post later im telln ya it was the ebst day ive ever seen botany bay was dead calm go to the heads from port botany in 1minz with my 30hp motor usually takes me at least 10minz wit a normal 5/10knot swell

That would have to be the smoothest that I have ever seen the bay.

And to think that I was not at work and could of been there fishing.

If only you had that sickie Roy.

Well done on a good day.

ahh i see...

so you did actually have fuel in the tank.

not as funny anymore, i was expecting some silly story of too many things to remember, forgot the fuel

CFD

The way it was explained to me was, that as soon as Team Crazy :wacko: got

on the water the low fuel warning buzzer was going mad,so someone thought

he was out of fuel, when he wasnt,therefore not much moving around with the

boat was done and the trip was cut a little short, and therefore not being very

productive, :1badmood: when the boat was taken to be filled up later,it was

discovered that there was a heap of fuel in the tank.

Thats how I understood it,im sure Crazy John will correct me if im wrong.

:beersmile: penguin

Edited by penguin

Here we go.......Let me claify this

When we got to the servo me and downrigger when to get munchies and John filled up the tank.

We got in the water and as per normal i dropped off John and downrigger to get yakkas and i sat and waited by myself. During that week i had asked john to ask the boat builder to see if he could put a fuel gauge in and he told john that it had one and that it was part of the speedo, So i thought i would check to see if i could find it.

Eventually found it and it said we had 37litres of fuel.......I thought what the hell...this dont look great

John got back to the boat and i told him and he was a little worried.

I asked him how much fuel he put and he told me $4.00......I said"what"....he goes four bucks......then i queried him about his last trip and he said it was a small one but it should have wasted more.

Anyway i then decided to go put fuel in, we went to 3 marinas and they were all closed and not opening for 2 more hours.

So i made a call to go fishing but not go more then five kms out, hit a coupl of reefs for nothing and then i get a call on the radio....netic.....Kings everywhere...called my mate and he told me where he was which was 13kms from us....by now the gauge told us 17 litres...John and Downrigger say not worth the risk....I said fu.ck it lets go get some kings, worse case scenario we run out of fuel and the waterrats bring us back.

So off we went, 5 minutes into the trip the damn thing starts beeping and flashing...JOhn and Downrigger look at me with a look of horror ( funny site) and i said dont worry about it, its all good...so we continue...

We get to the spot and now we have 3 litres left and John and downrigger look abit worried....by now kings are busting up around us by we cant afford to chase them around as they are moving very fast.

We make the call to try and get back in......We are 15kms from the heads..Im driving back and John ask's me "how much does it say we have left" ...i say..."you dont wanna know" it has been on Zero for 2 kms and thing beep is going crazy.

We make it through the heads and make it too the marina for fuel.....and she only takes around 45 litres....so we know we had fuel seeing JOhns tank is bigger then that....It turns out that the fuel guage wasnt calibrated and it was never showing us a true reading...since then JOhn has calibarted it and we should be right now.

I have to Admit though...the boys were shitting themselves

We did go back out and get a king though so the day wasnt a total loss but by the time we got back out there the wind was blowing hard so we were restricted to staying in close

Edited by netic

Here we go.......Let me claify this

When we got to the servo me and downrigger when to get munchies and John filled up the tank.

We got in the water and as per normal i dropped off John and downrigger to get yakkas and i sat and waited by myself. During that week i had asked john to ask the boat builder to see if he could put a fuel gauge in and he told john that it had one and that it was part of the speedo, So i thought i would check to see if i could find it.

Eventually found it and it said we had 37litres of fuel.......I thought what the hell...this dont look great

John got back to the boat and i told him and he was a little worried.

I asked him how much fuel he put and he told me $4.00......I said"what"....he goes four bucks......then i queried him about his last trip and he said it was a small one but it should have wasted more.

Anyway i then decided to go put fuel in, we went to 3 marinas and they were all closed and not opening for 2 more hours.

So i made a call to go fishing but not go more then five kms out, hit a coupl of reefs for nothing and then i get a call on the radio....netic.....Kings everywhere...called my mate and he told me where he was which was 13kms from us....by now the gauge told us 17 litres...John and Downrigger say not worth the risk....I said fu.ck it lets go get some kings, worse case scenario we run out of fuel and the waterrats bring us back.

So off we went, 5 minutes into the trip the damn thing starts beeping and flashing...JOhn and Downrigger look at me with a look of horror ( funny site) and i said dont worry about it, its all good...so we continue...

We get to the spot and now we have 3 litres left and John and downrigger look abit worried....by kings are busting up around us by we cant afford to chase them around as they are moving very fast.

We make the call to try and get back in......We are 15kms from the heads..Im driving back and John ask's me "how much does it say we have left" ...is say..."you dont wanna know" it has been on Zero for 2 kms and thing beep is going crazy.

We make it through the heads and make it too the marina for fuel.....and she only takes around 45 litres....so we know we had fuel seeing JOhns tank is bigger then that....It turns out that the fuel guage wasnt calibrated and it was never showing us a true reading...since then JOhn has calibarted it and we should be right now.

I have to Admit though...the boys were shitting themselves

We did go back out and get a king though so the day wasnt a total loss but by the time we got back out there the wind was blowing hard so we were restricted to staying in close

:074::074:

Its easy to laugh in hindsight - but i think i would have been s#!t!ng my self too.

glad to hear its all fixed

Now that is one hell of a story and funny 2 :074:

U explained that much better than john did,

John made out that he was the 1 not afraid

and wanted to push on,

Sounds like u got fish as well under trying circumstances,

Well done guys.

:beersmile: penguin