Looking Back Over The Year

netic

Hey guys, Yesterday i spent some time looking over previous posts from throughout the year.

Saw many posts of people wanting to get certain species of fish which i now know they have caught.

eg....cant wait to pop my king cherry

Just thought i would start a thread about our acheivements this year and what we hope to get over the next year.

My biggest acheivement would be the YFT we pulled in this year......Loved the action and really gave me something to look forward to each weekend during winter.

Over the next year my focus is definately switching to getting a Marlin of a trailerboat and i cant wait till we nailed one for this summer.

Edited by netic

Guest Big-Banana

Getting a YFT was mine, Never caught anything that big and it was a tops fight on 15kg gear albeit a little prolonged. Can't wait to tackle another one.

Still aiming to get that Marlin out of my own boat wide of Sydney.

Hey guys, Yesterday i spent some time looking over previous posts from throughout the year.

Saw many posts of people wanting to get certain species of fish they i know they now have got.

eg....cant wait to pop my king cherry

Just thought i would start a thread about our acheivements this year and what we hope to get over the next year.

My biggest acheivement would be the YFT we pulled in this year......Loved the action and really gave me something to look forward to each weekend during winter.

Over the next year my focus is definately switching to getting a Marlin of a trailerboat and i cant wait till we nailed one for this summer.

My highlight of the year would have to be the PB flattie I got in Narra Lake last month at 75cm.

It truly made my day.

The other highlight is being asked to be a moderator and becoming a gold member on here..it was truly an honour to help out in some small way.

The only other thing would be to get hold of a kingy..any size..that would really make my fishing year complete...I hope to achieve that, if not this year, then at the social in January.

On a more personal level..to be able to retire at age 55 last July was also a big highlight. Now I can spend more time fishing!! :thumbup:

Pete.

On a more personal level..to be able to retire at age 55 last July was also a big highlight. Now I can spend more time fishing!!

You are one lucky man...im still years away from that.....just the thought of no work all fishing makes me very envious

Guest danielinbyron

Landed my first wahoo . 8kg, v quiet year for me on new species , v quiet on jew ... Want to get a dinosaur over summer...over 20kg..want to get a decent tuan off of the rocks..On the boat like to get a beaky or a tuna over 30kg..

quite a good year for me this year

first jew,

first EP,

first (legal) snapper,

biggest flattie (sand flathead 4.750 kg, didn't even know they got that big)

biggest dollie

biggest striped tuna

biggest bream

i think thats about it

so a good year with PB's and firsts when i think about it

Cheers,

Fletcher

Edited by FletcherG1991

it was a capture of all the offshore fish for me. i can still cant believe i did it. i never thought this sort fishing existed till it happened.

first marlin.

first YTF.

first dolphin fish.

but i would have to say that im still waiting for that elusive jewfish that i have waited for about 1year.

now that would top everything off.

cheers

frankp :biggrin2:

Where do i start, i joined the forums in January having never been fishing before, aside from dangling a frozen servo prawn off a pier, i bought alot of gear, two boats and caught alot of firsts....

Bought my first Rod and Reel in January

Bought my first boat in February...

Bought my second boat in August...

First Flattie in Feb

First Kingfish, Trevally, Bonito, frigate and Salmon in March

First Dollie in April, along with my first Striped tuna

First Yellowfin tuna in Sept

First King on a downrigger in Nov.

First Amberjack in Dec.

Pb's so far this year...

Flattie 72cm

King 69cm

Salmon 58cm

Yellofin Tuna 30kg and 130cm

Dollie 69cm

Trev 41cm

Edited by Sammy0884

Pretty quiet year for me personally. Equalled my best placcy p.b Bream of 41cm. Topped my p.b Rainbow Trout by 1cm, 54 cm. Didn't crack a Jew over 10kg, grrrrrr. Got 12 in 8 trips 3-8kg's.(shorebased).

Highlights for me were my son, JJ, winding in his p.b Flattie of 61cm & Bream of 34cm. I also got a huge buzz watching Swordie get a p.b Rainbow & Brown Trout on the same day. Coolamons' p.b Bream was satisfying for me also.

Actually I think this year was fantastic. There were very few bad days & I put quite a few people onto good fish. That makes me as happy as catching them myself. My fishing time was limited but we made the most of them.

Cheers,

Grant.

I think the high point of my year would have to be finding Fishraiders !!

Its been a year of firsts :

First Boat

First Blackfish

First Trev

First Bonito

First Wrasse

First Flounder

First All Night Fishing Trip

First Organised Social Fishing Event

Next on the list would be all of the wonderful advice I have received from you guys , it has made the chances of me bringing home a feed a lot greater!

Our great sponsors , in particular Sean from WATTOS and Tones from Fishfinder , these guys know their gear , and have sold me gear that is appropriate for my use , not their bank balances !!

Ross

Had only one PB of my own. A cobia of some 20kgs but saw my kids catch some good fish.

Son#1's best kingie of 8kgs.

Son#2's 2 kg squid. He was only 3 at the time

Wife's PB king of 92cm.

Will try to get a few more species to the list especially when the new boat arrives. Cheers kelvin

afraid not,

i was in sea jay's boat and we had just landed a good kingy, did all the right things, drove the boat out away from the rocks, there was no swell or chop but unfortunately we drove the boat onto an underwater bommie on a falling tide and the next set came through while we were dealing with the king and not watching.

first wave rose up and white capped into the starboard side of the boat, almost throwing us into the rocks, we copped A LOT of water and it scared the shit outta me.

last thing i remember before it is looking up and yelling "HOLY F*$&%"

CFD

:Funny-Post::074: I copped a similar thing fighting a King also,just

outside Botany heads.Funny now but my crew s#it themselves at the time.

:beersmile: penguin

Edited by penguin

I've popped a few cherries, not as much as I would like:

Bought first beach outfit

Bought my first spool of braid

Bought a spin outfit

PB salmon 62cm

PB gummy shark 123cm

Caught my first fish on SP

PB leather jacket 30cm

PB whiting 35cm

PB tailor 42cm

first wave rose up and white capped into the starboard side of the boat, almost throwing us into the rocks, we copped A LOT of water and it scared the shit outta me.

last thing i remember before it is looking up and yelling "HOLY F*$&%"

CFD

that would scare anyone!