Trailer Registration Inspection - Sydney/parklea

DG_stacer

Hi Fellow Fishraiders,

I need to get a trailer inspection done for registration and am not sure who in my area might be able to do this. Can any one give me some names or suggestions on places that can do boat trailer inspections in the Parklea/Baulkham Hills area ?

Cheers,

Darren.

Darren,

The fact that they don't do boat trailers is only a matter of their descision not to do them.

Any Authorised Vehicle Inspection Station that do pink slips are certified to inspect boat trailers.

The only thing that I can think of is maybe they thought it was for a blue slip.

At any rate if you contact the RTA they will provide you a list of any Authorised Inspection Station in your area.

At what stage does inspections become applicable?

Roy,

It has been a long time since I have done anything to do with rego's but I seem to recall that a yearly inspection is required on a trailer with any sort of brakes on it.

Roy,

It has been a long time since I have done anything to do with rego's but I seem to recall that a yearly inspection is required on a trailer with any sort of brakes on it.

Yep , thats correct. Any trailer with brakes requires inspection. Also , agree with the coment that it must be a personal choice for the local not to do boat trailers as any authorised inspection station can do pink slips for trailers.

Perhaps their issue is how to test the brakes and / or their condition considering the salt water enviroment to which they are exposed

Geoff

Yep , thats correct. Any trailer with brakes requires inspection. Also , agree with the coment that it must be a personal choice for the local not to do boat trailers as any authorised inspection station can do pink slips for trailers.

Perhaps their issue is how to test the brakes and / or their condition considering the salt water enviroment to which they are exposed

Geoff

Did you end up getting a pink slip locally? I've just found my now 12month old trailer needs a pink slip for rego (shouldn't they be ok for 3 years from new?) - I'm in Kellyville so would save me chasing around.