Raymarine Or Furuno

Luringbream

Just wondering what you guys think of purchasing from ebay? I've never done it before and well it seems that the only way to get value for my money in sounders is to purchase from there. Just a few quick questions for those of you who are regular ebay customers..

Well, im purchasing either Raymarine DS400x or the Furuno 4100..

I really like the Raymarine sounder and it is going for $US 270, which is roughly AUS 340. Thats perfect for me and less $1-200 AUS than ive seen it, however i wouldnt have the slightest clue on how to ensure that the product im buying is authentic? Also do i get a warranty on my product because it doesnt actually state it on the site although i would imagine so?

Here is the link if someone would be kind enough to suss this seller out; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RayMarine-D...bayphotohosting

On the other hand is the Furuno, which im hoping to find an Australian dealer because if i have any problems its a simple drive to the store, whereas with the raymarine i dont like the idea of having to send goods overseas for repair.

Are there any Raymarine or Furuno dealers/stores in NSW?

Thanks for the help so far guys, i really appreciate it..

DAN

Hi Steve

Boatersworld @ Top Ryde have Furno gear, think it was pretty well priced last time I looked.

Jon

bias boating mate have a huge range and offer plenty of good advice,

also whitworthes try searching both home pages and theres plenty there u can read up on

good luck buddy

cheers steve :1fishing1:

Thanks guys.

I've pretty much spent my entire day searching for a sounder and matching prices etc etc. Never knew buying a sounder could be so stressful. I really like the Raymarine but cant find the dx400s anywhere however Bias has them from dx500s up.

Should i purchase the Raymarine DX400s from ebay for 350?

Or shouldnt i risk it?

DAN

I think the security has improved on eBay as more and more people are using it for normal everyday purchases.

There is a whole section in the "Help" tab on transactions, security and other topics I'm sure you'll want to look at.

I rekon you will be sweet and you'll probably end up buying more and more of you boating stuff on eBay like many other people have done as the price is so much better!!!!

Good Luck

Thanks guys.

I've pretty much spent my entire day searching for a sounder and matching prices etc etc. Never knew buying a sounder could be so stressful. I really like the Raymarine but cant find the dx400s anywhere however Bias has them from dx500s up.

Should i purchase the Raymarine DX400s from ebay for 350?

Or shouldnt i risk it?

DAN

Hey buddy, The raymarine can be purchased from Menai Marine, thats where i bought mine from before i got my combo unit.

Dan, you gotta remember that the one in the states is still gonna cost you $435 AU delivered here to Australia.

I buy things from the states on a regular basis and most people are fine to purchase from there, Make sure if you buy from ebay you use paypal for payment, Paypal has a buyer protection program where if you dont get your product you can dispute it and get your money back.

And also, always check the rating of the seller as this is the most important thing

I bought my sounder from there and so far it has been great.

Edited by netic

Hi Dan, I have purchased plenty off Ebay and had no problems at all with it.The occasional slow package but perfect otherwise.I bought my NAVMAN colour fishfinder off Ebay and savevd about $280 AUS. If you are worried about buying, look at how many items the seller has sold in the top right corner and look at the feedback score under that.If they are above 98% I would say you are pretty safe.Also check if they had any negative feedback in the last 12 months and judge it from there. Don't forget sometimes you can not please everybody,but read what the buyer wrote about the seller.I also bout my handheld GPS off there and saved another $150.Two of my favourite toys.If you pay by Paypal they have some type of insurance to I think but check up on it. One last thing check how much shipping is always and if you are unsure send a email asking how much to send to the wonderfull OZ before bidding or buying.Hope it helps.

Goodluck with it all

SUFFO

:1fishing1:

Edited by SUFFO

Hey buddy, The raymarine can be purchased from Menai Marine, thats where i bought mine from before i got my combo unit.

Dan, you gotta remember that the one in the states is still gonna cost you $435 AU delivered here to Australia.

I buy things from the states on a regular basis and most people are fine to purchase from there, Make sure if you buy from ebay you use paypal for payment, Paypal has a buyer protection program where if you dont get your product you can dispute it and get your money back.

And also, always check the rating of the seller as this is the most important thing

I bought my sounder from there and so far it has been great.

Netic, what do you do if something goes wrong with the unit, do you cover the cost of P & H or is that covered in the warranty?

I've decided on the FUruno 4100 and i can get it for $150 cheaper over ebay but in the end it will cost me more from P&H if i have to send the unit back and forth.

Thanks for the replies guys, very interesting points some of you make and i have learnt so much in the past week about fish finders that im going crazy..

Cant wait until the sounder hunt is all over!

DAN

Netic, what do you do if something goes wrong with the unit, do you cover the cost of P & H or is that covered in the warranty?

I've decided on the FUruno 4100 and i can get it for $150 cheaper over ebay but in the end it will cost me more from P&H if i have to send the unit back and forth.

Thanks for the replies guys, very interesting points some of you make and i have learnt so much in the past week about fish finders that im going crazy..

Cant wait until the sounder hunt is all over!

DAN

Mate if you do have an issue you will have to send it back at your own cost, thats the only down side to buying overseas.....If you get the Furuno from an Ebay Aussie dealer that issue should be gone....i weighed up the options and it seemed like a good risk seeing as i was saving over $350