After Info On Jb

spinking

hey everyone im after sum info on jervis bay, i have'nt fished for a couple of years now due to other commitments but have fished jb for a few years and know it pretty well, but last i heard they closed off the bombing range on the beecroft peninusla, has anyone fished down that way lately and know if its open or closed or what legdes you can fish still? or has anyone caught fish in or around the bay (be it whatever) lately as im thinking of heading down that way soon? any info would be great cheers!

Guest claudia

hey everyone im after sum info on jervis bay, i have'nt fished for a couple of years now due to other commitments but have fished jb for a few years and know it pretty well, but last i heard they closed off the bombing range on the beecroft peninusla, has anyone fished down that way lately and know if its open or closed or what legdes you can fish still? or has anyone caught fish in or around the bay (be it whatever) lately as im thinking of heading down that way soon? any info would be great cheers!

Hi

we had a customer come in today and he lives down the coast. A place called Callala Beach. He said that there is heaps of flathead out there. Last week they caught around 20 about the 60cm mark.

ALso heap of squid around, they caught about 15 squid within 2 hours of fishing. This week has been pretty bad due to the wind.

I'm going to stay at Callala beach next week so thanks for the info. Were the flathead caught on plastics off the beach? I have in the past caught small to medium tailor and salmon off the beach spinning small metal lures about 50m away from swimmers. Some really nice whiting are caught off the beach as well.