Noble Is Coming!

namesay

My new noble is almost ready. It is sitting in Brisbane looking real pretty. Will come to Sydney to get its Yamaha motor straight after the christmas break. SHould be ready by the end of January for some serious fishing!!! Watch out KINGS.

post-2057-1166688053_thumb.jpg

Seeing the photos is getting me aroused!!!! Just can't wait for the it to be finally in my hands catching FISH. Cheers Kelvin

Heaven help the kingies next year!!

If I were a kingfish, I'd be heading east now in a big hurry.

Fantastic looking boat there Kelvin. :thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers,

Pete

They better make it all the way to NZ as I am after them all the way to the continental shelf! Cheers Kelvin

The boat is a Noble Super V 6.2 meters. It has a 24 degree deadrise at the transom. One of the DEEPEST V's around. Provides an extremely soft ride whether it is aluminium or fiberglass. Has double outer chines to keep it stable at rest. Works great!

The boat is built to survey standards and has an international ISO certification. Extremely strong and built to exact standards.

The configuration is a walkaround centre cabin. It is like a centre console with a cabin in it. Can fish 3 people at the front and 4 at the back if needs be!!! Great for kings as you can access the whole boat. Can cast for squid from the front, back and sides...but has a cabin to get out of the weather. Cabin is big enough to sleep 3 in comfort.

I also got the hard top as I HATE biminis. Has a removeable rear lounge and rear facing seats behind the front ones. Can seat 7 easy. Also got welded in rod holders for downrigging and a MASSIVE live bait tank. Had it custom made in the transom to keep squid and slimies alive.

I opted for a 150HP Yamaha. Noble deals with Honda. Both good engines but don't have a Honda dealer nearby and I like the work done at Boaters world. The 150 will give the boat a max speed of 35 knots. Plenty fast enough for me.....want to troll livies at 1.5 knots!!! Have an auxillary motor as well. Berley bucket built in, bait board...etc. Spent HOURS and HOURS with Ben Noble with the layout so it should be ready to fish straight away.

Got over 200 litre of fuel. Not sure about the electronics yet. Still not decided on whether to have a dedicated sounder and a separate GPS or a combo. Not sure whether I should go to a digital sounder or a conventional. Also deciding if a radar is needed or not. BUt definitely will go Furuno.

David Green has had 3 of these and he is not sponsored by Noble. He has a smaller 5.8 centre cab. ALso in the Berkely Blue water DVD, the boat in it is the Noble 6.2.

The bad news is all up it is costing $$$$$$. But should be worth it. I think with the Noble , I will end my search for the perfect boat. Considered a larger craft but would need to moor it and it will not allow me to fish some of the places I LOVE. Can't wait :1prop: . Cheers Kelvin

Now that is a nice unit :biggrin2: look out kings

24 degree deadrise, now thats a deep v. I purchased a Bertram 25 for the same reason and i am refitting it now and should be ready about the same time yours is so i cant wait. I have not had the chance to test it in wild seas yet due to mechanical problems but from what i read about boats with a deep v i cant wait to blast through it, see you out there :biggrin2:

Now that is a nice unit :biggrin2: look out kings

24 degree deadrise, now thats a deep v. I purchased a Bertram 25 for the same reason and i am refitting it now and should be ready about the same time yours is so i cant wait. I have not had the chance to test it in wild seas yet due to mechanical problems but from what i read about boats with a deep v i cant wait to blast through it, see you out there :biggrin2:

That Bertram is a great boat. Those of us with the super deep V's will be laughing all the way to the fishing grounds!!!!. Those guys with the shallow V's will be wiping all the spray and be pounded to death....we'lll be fresh to catch all the fish! :074: Cheers Kelvin

now thats a boat...

well done and great purchase

you should have shaped it like a squid, get more kings that way :biggrin2:

CFD

Chris I don't want them JUMPING into the boat :1prop: Want them to pull a bit of braid before we get them . Cheers Kelvin

can't go wrong with a walkaround cab !

Looks great Kelvin

how much does she weigh? you sure you'll be able to pump 35 knots with a 150?

The boat has been thoroughly tested by many professional testers and the 150 is the perfect match of speed and economy. UNlike fiberglass, plate aluminium boats tend to be much lighter. They typcially can use a lot less HP to get the same speeds. My boat with trailer, fuel and everything weighs less than 1800kg's. THat is light compared to fiberglass hulls of similar size. A haines 6m will weigh 4-5 hundred kgs more.

Also it is built tough as only plate aluminium can. There are some draw backs as on the water more mass is helpful most of the time to flatten out the seas but the noble uses its hi tech hull to cut through. Might go for a fish when it is here. Cheers Kelvin

That Bertram is a great boat. Those of us with the super deep V's will be laughing all the way to the fishing grounds!!!!. Those guys with the shallow V's will be wiping all the spray and be pounded to death....we'lll be fresh to catch all the fish! :074: Cheers Kelvin

Thanks i hope so as i have not had much of a chance to use it yet :thumbdown: i am looking forward to being fresh when i arrive at the fishing grounds :1prop:

Ben

The boat is a Noble Super V 6.2 meters. It has a 24 degree deadrise at the transom. One of the DEEPEST V's around. Provides an extremely soft ride whether it is aluminium or fiberglass. Has double outer chines to keep it stable at rest. Works great!

The boat is built to survey standards and has an international ISO certification. Extremely strong and built to exact standards.

The configuration is a walkaround centre cabin. It is like a centre console with a cabin in it. Can fish 3 people at the front and 4 at the back if needs be!!! Great for kings as you can access the whole boat. Can cast for squid from the front, back and sides...but has a cabin to get out of the weather. Cabin is big enough to sleep 3 in comfort.

I also got the hard top as I HATE biminis. Has a removeable rear lounge and rear facing seats behind the front ones. Can seat 7 easy. Also got welded in rod holders for downrigging and a MASSIVE live bait tank. Had it custom made in the transom to keep squid and slimies alive.

I opted for a 150HP Yamaha. Noble deals with Honda. Both good engines but don't have a Honda dealer nearby and I like the work done at Boaters world. The 150 will give the boat a max speed of 35 knots. Plenty fast enough for me.....want to troll livies at 1.5 knots!!! Have an auxillary motor as well. Berley bucket built in, bait board...etc. Spent HOURS and HOURS with Ben Noble with the layout so it should be ready to fish straight away.

Got over 200 litre of fuel. Not sure about the electronics yet. Still not decided on whether to have a dedicated sounder and a separate GPS or a combo. Not sure whether I should go to a digital sounder or a conventional. Also deciding if a radar is needed or not. BUt definitely will go Furuno.

David Green has had 3 of these and he is not sponsored by Noble. He has a smaller 5.8 centre cab. ALso in the Berkely Blue water DVD, the boat in it is the Noble 6.2.

The bad news is all up it is costing $$$$$$. But should be worth it. I think with the Noble , I will end my search for the perfect boat. Considered a larger craft but would need to moor it and it will not allow me to fish some of the places I LOVE. Can't wait :1prop: . Cheers Kelvin

This quote worked better :1prop:

Hey Kelvin, do you know the estimated fuel consumption ? i have twin 165hp so i guess i could double yours :mad3:

I am also looking at what sounder and GPS combo i should use, i would like to hear your thoughts on what you select. Have you thought about if your transducer will be transom mounted or through hull ? i also have a 21ft timber half cab which i have had for 10 years and it has a transom mounted transducer and i cant get it to work over 8 to 10 knots no matter what i do :thumbdown: also i was thinking of an all in one unit just for the ease of removal and installation in the boat, is there a downside to these ?

Cheers Ben

Guest Reel Addiction (Sea Jay)

This quote worked better :1prop:

Hey Kelvin, do you know the estimated fuel consumption ? i have twin 165hp so i guess i could double yours :mad3:

I am also looking at what sounder and GPS combo i should use, i would like to hear your thoughts on what you select. Have you thought about if your transducer will be transom mounted or through hull ? i also have a 21ft timber half cab which i have had for 10 years and it has a transom mounted transducer and i cant get it to work over 8 to 10 knots no matter what i do :thumbdown: also i was thinking of an all in one unit just for the ease of removal and installation in the boat, is there a downside to these ?

Cheers Ben

I run seperate units in my boat mate i agree that it is a bit of a pain installing and removing two units all the time but atleast if my sounder breaks down i can still use my GPS or vice viersa but in a combo unit its one down all down.

I run seperate units in my boat mate i agree that it is a bit of a pain installing and removing two units all the time but atleast if my sounder breaks down i can still use my GPS or vice viersa but in a combo unit its one down all down.

I think that going dual units simply for redundancy is a false economy, it is incredibly unlikely that you will have a failure given the quality of the currently available units, and if you were ever to have an issue it would be when you switched it on at the boat ramp, not at Browns mountain, besides if something did fail then you are legally required to carry a map, and compass which will get you home, or you could seek assistance from Coastal patrol.

If you do the right thing by purchasing your unit locally, and you do have a failure, you will be fixed within a matter of days.

It is much more economical to purchase a single, quality, combo unit... i did and it has served me very well... i have never reliably caught as many fish as i currently do with the assistance of my Sounder/GPS combo

On the contrary Sammy........ I have whored my services to many skippers over the last 20yrs (Im just like that!) and I have seen sounders, plotters and combo units go belly up (pick your brand they all may do it) and while some just dont turn on, I have seen quite a few failures well into your fishing day (fortunately none have been anything more than inconvenient for me!...... however I have had mates have plotter failures at Browns midweek....NOT GOOD!!!)

Lets be realistic about things a sounder failure is not going to be life threatening, its just rather inconvenient....... people were catching fish quite well before sounders made life easier!!!

A map and a compass on board is all well and good if your coastal nav skills are up to scratch..... most folks arn't, and just rely on heading west, which will get you to land, but a southerly current will put you off Woolongong and this is a bitch without a bellyfull of fuel to get back up to Sydney!!

"A good soldier carries his own"

Dont EVER rely on anyone else for your saftey......... they may not be there when you need them. If you cant trust yourself to get your boat home......... why should you trust someone else, let alone put them in that position?

Cheap safety is false economy when your ass is on the line.......... it may not happen touch wood, if it does those few extra $$$ spent are worth so much more than what you thought at the time!!

My preferance is for any sounder plotter combo but backed with a separate GPS (even the $200 handheld units will get you home) THATS VERY CHEAP INSURANCE!!!!

Cheers

Mick

Nailit I can tell you the exact fuel figures for the Noble 6.2. With a 150 HP Yammie.

At 4200rpm it will do 21 knots for a fuel burn of 19.5 litres per hour.

At 5000rpm it will do about 26 knots and burn 30 litres per hour.

At full throttle it will do about 35 knots but the fuel burn is a whopping 56litres per hour!!! Gues which RPM and speed I will be doing.

As for the electronics, after a LOT of thought and time I have decided on having a separate sounder and gps!

The sounder I have chosen is the Furuno FCV 585. This is a digital unit and has a HUGE screen. I have seen it used by several different people and pro charter operators and this unit is probably the BEST unit of its type. Just won the sounder of the year award...who judges these I don't know but sounds good.

I have seen personally how the digital sounders work so devastatingly well. ONly Raymarine has digital tech in their sounders with Furuno and they were my other choice. But raymarine deos the BIG boats better and their A series was just a bit too small for me.

Furuno has repriced their stuff for australia and now they are the same whether you get it here or on the net o'seas. Good deal!! A sounder is priceless in catching fish so I went with quality. Seriously thought about getting a 10 grand sonar but my wife wanted to kill me!!

For my GPS I went with the Lowrance Global map 7500C. Lowrance in my opinion makes crappy sounders but good GPS. THe 7500c is the 10 inch screen version so will have a big picture. I like the navionics maps and the detail in these.

As for the transducer it will be transom mounted. Most aluminium hulls now have a dedicated transducer mount on the transom and it has been carefully placed by the manufacturer to give good performance. I have never had any probs with the transom mounts so I will go this way.

When it comes to gps, I like redundency. I always carry a spare GPS...a cheap handheld one whenever I am out of sight of Sydney. The good thing about fishing offshore from sydney is that you can see the skyline from a fair way off shore. I also carry a hand held VHF radio as well JUST in case my other radios go on the blink and have an auxilliary motor with spare fuel!! CHeers Kelvin

Finally I have a date for my Noble. It will arrive in Sydney on 22.jan. WIll have its motor fitted and be ready for action within that week! It has been a LONG time but finally I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Been looking and researching for over 2 years for this boat. Hopfully this boat will see me out! Cheers Kelvin