Parra River Goe's Meeeeeeeeeowwwwwwww!

Anti-Carp

Went down this arvo to kill some time down on the Parra River after some carp. After waiting and berleying up for 20 minutes my bread baitwas guzzled by what I thought was a small carp. It was too my surprise that this eel-tailed tanadus catfish appeared, it was around 35 cm which was promptly released.

I've been fishing this stretch of river for a year(between the Parra weir and Church St) on a pretty regular basis and this is the first time I've seen one of these fella's before. I was very surprised to see one as I only expected to catch carp in this water.

Has any one caught any odd-ball's like this on this stretch before?

post-3102-1166697327_thumb.jpg

I caught a good number of bass in that stretch over 10 years ago.

Not sure if they are around now.

Some good sized ones too.

I think the best was about 10 in one session! (up to about 45 cm too)

Some of them looked real sick though...

if you lived in that part of the river i dont think you would be feeling real healthy either :1prop:

G'day, I am wondering if you can help me with some info on what bait to use for the carp. I live near Tongabbie creek, just up the road from where you fish the river and the carp are everywhere and about 2 foot long. I want to take my young ones down to have some fun, but so far I have been out of luck with catching them.. I have tried corn, bread and worms but they don't seem interested.

Any suggestions?

Deano

G'day, I am wondering if you can help me with some info on what bait to use for the carp. I live near Tongabbie creek, just up the road from where you fish the river and the carp are everywhere and about 2 foot long. I want to take my young ones down to have some fun, but so far I have been out of luck with catching them.. I have tried corn, bread and worms but they don't seem interested.

Any suggestions?

Deano

G'day Deano,

The way I normally fish for carp is to really berley the water up with a bit of bread and fish really light (2lb - 8 lb usually 4 lb ) line to a size 8 hook and with a bit of bread or corn.

When I fish for them i try to hide from the fish as they are very finnicky (worse then bream)

I fish the line with no weight and leave the spool open (using a thread line reel) and let the carp take the bait for a metre or so before striking.

I hope this help =)

G'day Deano,

The way I normally fish for carp is to really berley the water up with a bit of bread and fish really light (2lb - 8 lb usually 4 lb ) line to a size 8 hook and with a bit of bread or corn.

When I fish for them i try to hide from the fish as they are very finnicky (worse then bream)

I fish the line with no weight and leave the spool open (using a thread line reel) and let the carp take the bait for a metre or so before striking.

I hope this help =)

Thanks mate, I shall take your advice and hopefully tap a few on the head and throw them into the bushes. They have really taken over the creek down here and we need to clean it up as there is a couple of families of Platypus that live close by.

Deano