Botany Bay

abiasin

For a change a mate and i snubbed the attempt at catching kings cause we just cant get them at the moment and chased the good old flattie, bream and whiting.

Boy did we clean up at the runway with half a million whiting and snapper, a couple of flatties and a hoarde of tailor and yellowtail.

With the yellowtail in the bait tank we motored over to moll point for a shot at a jew but to no avail. we then berleyed hard and got stuck into around 1/2 a doz fat trevs of about 1kg+.

Sorry about the lack if pics was a bit wet with the chop to take the camera out but boy i cant wait till tonite to do it all again.

fished from around 5pm till 2ish with pretty much no stop action.

good stuff dude

sounds like the bay is firing atm..

shame no kings buh ohh well u still cleaned up..

cheers steve

yeah the kings seem to eluding me for some reason this year, im going to give the flatties more of a crack ive missed how good they are to catch.

Great bag of trevors there. :thumbup:

Pity that the kings didn't want to play though.

The bay seems to be firing again at the moment.

Cheers,

Pete.

moll point was dead only the trevs caught there, we dropped fresh squid and a couple of lives for zippo, not even a yakka in sight during daylight weird.

just wondering do you pick the whiting up on the sounder because on mine we dont??

Well done!!

DAN

to tell you the truth we didnt even look at the sounder we knew they would be there from last sundays results which were much the same, i dont think it picks them up unless i play with the gain and stuff which i couldnt be bothered doing half the time.

did u find more action was after dark, or before dark?

which runway were u fishing?

and wasn't it choppy as? i looked at the weather and it said 15-20+knot winds :1yikes:

good bag of fish

we got the flattie,whiting during the daylight at the 3rd runway on the southern side, as soon as the light faded the yellowtail and tailor moved in.

Moll point is where we picked up the trevs and the bream at night.

The wind was a NEster so it wasnt bad at all, alittle bumpy in patches but shielded quite well at moll point and the southern side of the 3rd runway, the drums and hot water outlet were choppy and we took on a nice curler in my small boat as we got smashed by the chop combined with the wake of a tug boat which is massive.