Weekend In Indonesia

Agent X

G'day guys, went for a short getaway at Indo with the parents and also in search of any critters willing to take a fly or SPs...

After dinner saw me strolling along a man-made lagoon. Was told that there were some Tuskfish in there and I was there the next morning at 5 to chuck some baited breaths...

In an hour or so (before I was told that fishing was not allowed in the lagoon), I brought up a couple of new species on fly (for me :D)

Spangled Emperor

post-1073-1166847648_thumb.jpg

Fingermark Snapper

2006-12-16Batam02.jpg

And my biggest Crescent Perch to date

2006-12-16Batam05.jpg

As it got brighter, I 'hid' myself at a corner of the lagoon to cast some SPs... to my surprise, there were some other critters inside.... I hooked a small spangled emperor and what was about 8 to 10 cods came dashing out of their lair hoping to catch an easy breakfast... on the next cast, just as I closed the bail arm, the pumpkinseed bass minnow was whacked, the line was taken so fast that it snapped (i was using my bream gear :D)

Rigged up with new leader and all, and up came yet a few more new species for me on SP...

Cods

2006-12-16Batam06.jpg

2006-12-16Batam07.jpg

Coral Trout

2006-12-16Batam08.jpg

Black Spotted Tuskfish

2006-12-16Batam09a.jpg

Another Tuskfish (Dont know its real name)

2006-12-16Batam10a.jpg

The next morning saw me there with the fly rod (with special permission to fish)... but only the cods were keen to play... landed 3 of em...

2006-12-16Batam11.jpg

2006-12-16Batam12.jpg

2006-12-16Batam13.jpg

All in all, a pretty enjoyable trip, giving me some consolation for missing the kingie run in Sydney... :o

Edited by Agent X

• 2 weeks later...