Parra River

Shaun D

Hi Fish raiders,

this is my first crack of posting!!

Hope all out there had a good chrissy

Just wondering if anyone out there could help me with picking a few good spots to fish in parramatta river.

Big Santa brought my young ones some fishin gear in the hope of them getting hooked onto fishing.

Would like to try soft plastics as I here they are pretty good plus my little girl and WIFE?? want complain about the smell of the bait then.

Thanks

Shauno :1fishing1:

I have found Hen & Chicken to be best at high tide,

get yourself some 3" power bass minows in watermelon

with the lightest jighead you can use

try round the golf course near the outlet when the tide starts to run out

I have also had a lot of luck with the squidge shad in 3" with the hot pink tail

I use 4lb braid and 6lb fluro leader

Hen & Chicken is a top spot even if windy you can always find a spot to get out of the wind

hope this helps

Coollamon

Thanks Coollamon I'll give it a go. Tried without any luck yesterday around Cabarita. Thought the piers under the resteraunt looked good for a bream or 2 & only managed to land my longest cast on the dinning table of some really pissed customers. Well I'll try around the golf course next time. It sounds a lot safter.

Paul

Just a word of caution if you are fishing right by the golf course , last week I picked up over 30 balls from the low tide mark , apparently some golfers shots are as accurate as some of your casts :074:

As Coolamon suggested , there are plenty of productive areas , so if the golf balls are a bit too close for comfort , you can still move out of range !

Ross

Edited by Flightmanager

Just a word of caution if you are fishing right by the golf course , last week I picked up over 30 balls from the low tide mark , apparently some golfers shots are as accurate as some of your casts :074:

HAHA funny !

Out-tide during the day time OK for this spot ? I am on holidays now, so I might make a trek down to catch and release a few on me SP's

Hen and Chicken bay is better on an outgoing tide, on a top tide of 1.4-1.7. If you are going to fish it, fish the first 3 hours of the run out using berkley bass minnows or bloodworm squidgies. A better 'family'spot is where across the ferry punt, there is a large park with plenty of equipment and a long stretch to be fished. THe fish aren't as thick here, so its probably a good idea to choose a likely looking area and stick to it for a while rather than wander the whole stretch. A good place to start is at the trees in the mid way down the park, there is a little drop of and i have caught some real bruisers there.

DAN