Port Kembla (mixed Bag)

CR@ZY OS@M@

i went to port kembla yesterday morning for a fish with my uncle,cousin and a mate.

Got there at 6am to 6.30.

launched the boat and headed straight to my yellowtail spot,caught around 40 to 50 in about 20 mins.

headed out to the islands in search for kingies.

started burleying , about an hour later i land a 55cm king and threw it back,stuck it out thinking there would be more but nothing,moved a bit closer to on of the islands i was at to land another at king at 65cm.

and soon after i we land a good size cuttlefish,straight in the kill tank for dinner tonight.

we caught a few nice size sweep and a nice mowie.

had ran out of pillies for burley so we used some of the sweep.

everyone wanted to go home by then as we were out for a while.

it was around 2 in the arvo and i told every1 on the boat that i wanted to try one more spot.

found activty on the finder as i was cruising around the island ,anchored and started to throw out all the lines and not even 10 seconds im on to a 65cm king.

king after king but little rats which were all released,mind you my uncle and cousin are kingy virgins so they were on top of the moon. and shortly after one of my rod buckes hard ,my mate takes the rod to fight it.

took him for two big runs and then lost it,he must of turned his head back and spat the hook.

im estimating it was around 95cm mark.before you know we r on again and landed a 60cm bonito

once again zzzzz i grab the rod this time and i was fighting it for about 5 minns it was landed in the boat.

straight away we measured it to be 89cm long and fat.

the swell picked up so we called it a day ,on our way back we released all the yakkas we had left over in the live bait tank back to our yakka spot.

all in all a great day out.

will post pics tonight

post-1803-1167222823_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crazy John

great report mate the kingies are goin of and i kno where u got the kingies from i go same spot netic was there aswell this morning. best spot but to many ppl kno about it well great report. ill be heading either to port kembla or botany bay 2morrow

Edited by kabz

namesay for your question.

as soon as i arrived home from fishing, my asian came over with his brother and begged me for thebonnie so i just gave it to him.

so far i have landed bonnies around the 60 mark and both times i gave them away.

still havent tried one yet.

been told that asians love them.