Troutin Dec06.

wrasseman

Hi all,

I hadn't been out for a sesh for quite some time until a week or so ago due to excess work. But over the last week I've squeezed a few sessions in. I've been spinning from the yak and/or wading on the macquarie and south esk rivers, as my normal haunts are to low to be fishable due to drought. Managed a few trout and reddies, enough to bring me back. Now I want a river blackfish (Gadopsis marmoratus) on a lure after having what I think was one follow to my feet, has anyone done this? I figure slow fishing pretty much any lure through heavy cover on dark and into the night should be the way to go. Any advice?

Nice little river trout wet wading on a hot afternoon, great way to cool off.

sesk21dec062a_759.jpg

Sometimes they just sit there waiting to be cast at (missed the hooks on this one).

sesk21dec061a_319.jpg

One for the rapala.

sesk24dec06-2_271.jpg

The macquarie was higher than expected yesterday after a little some xmas rain.

macquarie27dec06-1_105.jpg

I found a few fish poking about though.

mac27dec7_165.jpg

Off he goes.

mac27dec5_136.jpg

Underwater.

mac27dec2_915.jpg

Trout food.

mac27dec6_182.jpg

Couple more, one showing some jaw damage likely from a previous human encounter.

post-1831-1167225101_thumb.jpg

post-1831-1167225229_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Keep the trout reports coming!! Loved the great photos!!!

davo

ditto.

love reading the trout reports and cheecking out the pics. I love to chase trout though live in Sydney so the drought has been a massive problem in the rivers I used to hit.

i love tassie. i will never forget watching a couple of kids fishing from a bridge ten metres above water level with a float and bread. felt sorry for them so gave them one i'd caught and planned to eat that night. Two minutes later, saw the boy pull one out almost twice the size!

i couldn't believe it. trout on bread. took off the celta and tied on a hook. took a dry section of bread from the sandwich i'd packed and bait drifted the bread like a dry fly, and within seconds got slammed! so exciting. worked better than the celta.

only in tassie...

Edited by choad