Nepean Bass 4/1/07

mottyman

Hi Guys and Girls,

Andy and I had a fantastic day on the Bass today with the highlight being Andy scoring his first ever Bass and it went 34cm!!!!!! :1yikes:

WELL DONE YOUNG MAN! :yahoo:

We got to the ramp at 5.30am and sat in the car uming and aring about whether or not to go as the rain was pelting down. I decided to give it 20mins or so as the rain was clearing and it was a good decision. We launched the boat and took off up river.

Tried just near the ramp where the Bell is moored for a lot of hits but no takers so headed up through the narrows and got stuck in.

The Bass were very willing and we scored fish after fish. All small fellas to begin with.

What never ceases to amaze me with these agressive fish is how the really little fellas will tackle a lure that's the same size if not bigger than themselves. Take a look at the little fella in the pics below. The lure is about the same length as the fish :1yikes:

What was very pleasing however was the schools of bass we could see chasing our lures. They were all very small and not hitting but following the lure all the way to boat. Must have been a great spawning season cause the little fellas are thick as!!! :thumbup:

Anywho, we kept at it and all of sudden Andy's lure got absolutely smashed by a better fish that took him strait into the weeds. He got the fish out and I netted his first ever Bass at 34cm if you don't mind!! :1yikes:

Andy was just stoked and I reckon for a first Bass that's a cracker!!!

We fished on with Andy scoring two more fish, one 25cm and one small one but he was just stoked considering he'd never got a Bass before in his life!!

All fish today were taken on top water lures which kept Andy interested watching the little fellas splash and carry on as they attacked from below. It was a real rush for him.... and me! :biggrin2:

All my fish today were pretty small, I think the biggest went about 22cm but it was well and truely Andy's day. :yahoo:

I was so proud of him - he fished like a pro! :biggrin2:

Here's some pics of some of the fish we got today...

post-237-1167871558_thumb.jpg

post-237-1167871580_thumb.jpg

post-237-1167871599_thumb.jpg

post-237-1167871633_thumb.jpg

post-237-1167871808_thumb.jpg

post-237-1167871827_thumb.jpg

post-237-1167871852_thumb.jpg

post-237-1167871872_thumb.jpg

Cheers

David.

What a top size bass there for Andy.

And for his first. Well done mate.

That is a PB that will take a while to beat I am sure.

hi everyone Andy here :biggrin2:

thanks everyone I am realey happy I caught that fish. and I cant wait till DaD enteres me in the FOTM comp

dad told me that theres A reel up for grabs and I want it!!! :biggrin2:

and since i always get the biggest fish im going to call myself dad smasher

THANKS ANDY

THANKS ANDY

Cheeky buggar!!!!! :074::074:

I really don't think so... :biggrin2:

Cheers

David

:Funny-Post:

I don't think it will be all that long untill my son starts saying the same thing.

Thanks guys...

To tell the real story... I said to Andy, "hey mate, have a cast over that submerged rock near that weedbed and see what happens".

It looked the goods! :thumbup:

He put the lure right where I said, gave it one twich and WAMMMMOOOO, he was on! :biggrin2:

Jeez we had fun, high fives and hand shakes all round - what a top morning.

Andy's name on the site will be "Basskid". He'll put his fish in the FOTM comp and keep a look out for future posts!!!! :biggrin2:

Cheers

David.

Thanks guys...

Andy's name on the site will be "Basskid". He'll put his fish in the FOTM comp and keep a look out for future posts!!!! :biggrin2:

Cheers

David.

David Considering Andy normally out fishes both of us , I thought Dad Smasher was OK.

Now , just to confirm , Andy will be joining us on the Kingie social , I will drive , Andy can score a prize winning fish & ................. we need a net man , any suggestions

Well done guys , our prize for the day from BB was 1 , just keeper , flattie.

Geoff

David Considering Andy normally out fishes both of us , I thought Dad Smasher was OK.

Now , just to confirm , Andy will be joining us on the Kingie social , I will drive , Andy can score a prize winning fish & ................. we need a net man , any suggestions

Well done guys , our prize for the day from BB was 1 , just keeper , flattie.

Geoff

:074::074:

G'day mate...

There is no way I'm letting "him" near a rod at the kingy social. I'm not giving him any more of my gear to use and I'm done instructing him... he's on his own from this day forward... :074:

The buggar can rig squid and fetch us drinks all day as far as I'm concerned. :074:

Shame about BB today - we'll get 'em next time.

Man, we had a ball today. :biggrin2:

Cheers

David.

Great fish, Andy! :thumbup::yahoo: What a first! That's a fish to be proud of, and it looks like both father and son had a great day on the water. Woohoo! It never ceases to amaze me that those tiny bass will hit surface lures the same size as them!!!

Flattieman.