Guess What? More Bass. 20 In Total.

mottyman

Hi guys and Girls,

Andy and I went nuts on the Nepean this morning.

We got the ramp at five minutes to five to discover the gates locked!!! OK, 5 minutes and we're into it.

Well, by 5:45am the guy rocks up after a call by another fisho to the security company - he slept past his alarm.

Never mind, we were off by 6am.

Tried some surface lures for a little while for nothing and quickly switched to spinner baits with immediate results.

We started with the regulation smaller fish but the sizes just got better and better with the best for the morning going 34cm and a few others over the 30cm mark. There were also a lot of fish around the 20-25cm mark today so that was really good.

It wasn't all weedbeds today either, saw some fish sounding in about 10-11 metres of water and dropped the spinner bait to bottom right on top of them. Immediate hookup but it only worked once. Found the fish again but couldn't tempt them a second time.

One of these days I'm definately going to get me and electric motor - would make this bassing thing so much easier.... :biggrin2:

Well, Andy and I are going to leave the Bass alone for the next week or so as I have some holiday commitments next week and then it's the kingy social so the calendar is full.

I'm off with the kids till the end of January so plenty of time to get some more but I think we've had our fair share just lately anyway... :yahoo::thumbup::biggrin2:

post-237-1168478215_thumb.jpg

post-237-1168478243_thumb.jpg

post-237-1168478276_thumb.jpg

post-237-1168478434_thumb.jpg

post-237-1168478461_thumb.jpg

post-237-1168478532_thumb.jpg

post-237-1168478567_thumb.jpg

post-237-1168478641_thumb.jpg

Cheers

David.

Yes its lots of fun there Dave.

Looks like you guys certainly enjoy it there - well done.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

PS Looks like that hat has seen better days mate, grab a Fishraider one soon :biggrin2:

Hi Donna,

Yep, we had a ball... thanks! :biggrin2:

What do you mean my hat has seen better days!!! :074::074:

Yeah, you're right - a new one might be on the cards me thinks!!!! :biggrin2:

Cheers

David.

Edited by mottyman

Well done, looks like you had a great time. I am jealous, i am stuck working

cheers

claudia

Yeah.... but you work in a tackle store - how bad can it be?????? :074::074::074:

See ya in the store next week for a kingy social stock up session!!!! :biggrin2: My mate Geoff might come out as well.

Cheers

David.

Guest claudia

Yeah.... but you work in a tackle store - how bad can it be?????? :074::074::074:

See ya in the store next week for a kingy social stock up session!!!! :biggrin2: My mate Geoff might come out as well.

Cheers

David.

hi

not a problem , sean is back at work, left hospital at lunch time and already at work.

Only checking up on me though?????

cheers

claudia

Well done mate,

What sort of spiners are they?

Are they similar to yours Stewy?

I am out buying tonight!!

Hi Roy,

Yes, they are the same as Stewys. Number 2 betts spin blade matched to a light, small jig head and a 2 inch grub. Atomic Fat Grubs in Amber did the damage today but anything like that will work well. Crawdad and motor oil are also good colours.

Cheers

David.

hi

not a problem , sean is back at work, left hospital at lunch time and already at work.

Only checking up on me though?????

cheers

claudia

I'm sure you have it all under control Claudia. :biggrin2: Give Sean my best and I'll see him next week.

Cheers

David.

well done mate, nepean never ceases to amaze especially considering the urban pressure put on it.

Did you continue catching fish through out the morning? we noticed the bite slow down around 10 on wednesday. Old mate at the ramp cited a drop in air pressure but i thought it was because it was damn hot. Ideas?

well done mate, nepean never ceases to amaze especially considering the urban pressure put on it.

Did you continue catching fish through out the morning? we noticed the bite slow down around 10 on wednesday. Old mate at the ramp cited a drop in air pressure but i thought it was because it was damn hot. Ideas?

We caught the last bass at around 10:15am - it was the bigger one Andy is holding. We were getting little bass right up till then and only stopped cause we both lost lures and decided it was time to go.

I think the bass were actually coming on more as the morning went on. The hotter is got the more insect activity there was and we were watching bass slurp insects right up until we left. Early on there was no surface activity at all.

The bigger fish were definately in holes and holding in slightly deeper areas. I think this is due to the pressure being low. When the pressure is higher the bigger fish tend to be in the shallower areas and take surface lures readily. When the pressure is low - spinner baits in deeper areas are the go.

Cheers

David.