Fire Line

Tommo

not sure if this is a suitable topic but i was just curious too what the average cost people pay for 300 yrds of fireline.

as i only really shop at the 1 store due to access and there nice people

if this is a bad topic for any reason i apolagies :)

$22 from Kmart or BigW for 120yds.

I'd be happy to pay more (say $28 - but not $34) from a tackle shop, but then stuff like this happens:

I dropped off an old Magnum baitcaster of mine for a service last week, and asked the tackle store to spool it with 20lb Fireline when it got back from Shimano service. I then asked them for a discount on the two packs of bass minnows I was buying (having bought between $40 and $100 woth of stuff nearly every week or so for the last few months there) which were $8.99 a pack. They had recently done a 2 for $15 deal and so I asked if they could do that for me. I was told there was no way they could discount it, as they didn't buy enough from the distributor and couldn't get a good enough price to make any sort of discount from $8.99 a pack. I begrudgingly handed my $18 over. They then rang me this morning to say my reel was back ($26 for the service), and if I still wanted the Fireline put on it. I asked how much - $76 for the Fireline (300yds) - he didn't mention the price of the backing and if there was a service charge for spooling it, but at this point, I thought stuff 'em and said no, I didn't want it spooled. This store has basically lost my business for the sake of a $2 or $3 discount for a guy who is (or was I should say) in their store every week. Time to start frequenting some other store....

Wakd.

apologies Pete, I never know what I will be selling, sort of an impulse thing more often than not which is why I got the wrong size in this case :angry: . Fireline always seems to change a well priced reel to an expensive one especially if u like filling both spools with 300yards. I always wait for K mart/ Big W sales and buy 2 125yard spools (usually between $16-18 each) and use a double uni knot to join them. I have tested the knot and it is almost 100%, the knot is so small it makes no difference on the spool and a full spool is usually filled for $32. I usually buy 1 green and 1 yellow. Not all that often u get past the first 125 yards unless u r on a whoppa. when the line turns from yellow to green it gives u an indication that half your line is gone and it might be time to get stuck into the fish. Just another option if u r a tight !@# like myself.

I usually buy 1 green and 1 yellow.  Not all that often u get past the first 125 yards unless u r on a whoppa.  when the line turns from yellow to green it gives u an indication that half your line is gone and it might be time to get stuck into the fish.  Just another option if u r a tight !@# like myself.

16980[/snapback]

good option mate :thumbup:

I pay anywhere upto $32

Adam

Edited by AdamK

Never bought the Fireline in 300m. Got the Hercules braid once for about $60 odd. It was at KMart when it first came out and I wanted to try it. Nowadays I just get the 125 m model!

The only other braid I have bought in 300m is the Hotfibre II. Cost about $60 after the guy discounted it for me!

• 1 year later...