Prawning At Forster?

tafc010

read a report that prawns can be caught in the channel where all the hire boats along Little St(forgot the name - breaken....something).

I wanted to go prawning when i got there on the 23/12/06 but the tides didnt work for me - when you get to the area go see the guy in the tackle shop at Tuncurry - he was very helpful when i was there.

Hi geoff

You can scoop for prawns from the floating pontoon on the boardwalk behind Wharf St. I have only caught 1/2kg at the best there (good for bait) but have heard of others getting buckets full! Plenty of 'fishy' action goes on there, too, so take your rod as well!

Apparantly you can wade opposite the secondhand shop just down from Barclays Oysters (on the top corner of Little St before you turn back towards Macintosh) but I would reckon it would be pretty slushy underfoot.

Haven't tried it for a month - so Good luck!

Cheerio

Roberta

Where are you staying?? If in Lani's caravan park, they have their own 'private' prawn stream running thru the park! You just walk in on a nice sandy bit & start scooping!

Edited by Roberta

Hey Roberta

We are staying at the RSL units, we have a reasonably boat so we can get about, looking to fish inside, flatties and maybe some JEW or some bream, but would like a feed of prawns and of course some for bait. We do like the SP's for the Flatties though.

CYA

Geoff

Hi Geoff

Anywhere along the Breckinbridge Channel (along Little St) should get you some - lots of people sit opposite the hire boat shops (town side of the net swimming pool.) Try on the shallows between the islands there, too! You can actually beach the boat & just wade there. Toss your sps around at the same time, too - the flatties are sitting behind the lit up boat waiting for the missed prawns to come past!

If you go too far up the lake you can get into the 'pro' territory & run over their nets! Not happy if it happens!

Plenty of flatties around on sps (only 1 on mine, tho, recently!) - target between the racks of any of the leases (just make sure the tide is going the same direction as the racks) and keep your casts really tight! Or just cast towards the structure all round the lake!

Good luck!

Cheerio

Roberta