Question On Distance Casting

hottyscotty

How do you setup your outfit for distance casting? do i need a long rod or heavy sinkers?

As i am land based, I basically want to cast near the pylons at Captain Cook Bridge with a setup as light as possible.

I know technique is important too but i want to see if i can cast far if i start with a good setup and work from there.

Its not for beach fishing as well, i mainly want to make long casts in estuaries like reaching the sand at lilli pilli

Edited by hottyscotty

How do you setup your outfit for distance casting? do i need a long rod or heavy sinkers?

As i am land based, I basically want to cast near the pylons at Captain Cook Bridge with a setup as light as possible.

I know technique is important too but i want to see if i can cast far if i start with a good setup and work from there.

Its not for beach fishing as well, i mainly want to make long casts in estuaries like reaching the sand at lilli pilli

I reckon that a nice long but flexible rod put together with a fishing reel with light line on it should do the trick then it just comes down to the weight of the sinkers and your technique

for casting longer distance i would say firstly technique, then light line and a rod that has a slightly longer butt and is fairly stiff but has a more felxable tip. i have an FSU and FT 4120 that i can cast quite far they are set up like this nice rods actually lol :1prop:

Guest Aussie007

i use a cheap ebay rod and reel combo RELIX CULIBAR 1000 Spinning Fishing Reel about 6lb line and RELIX ADVANZE Snapper/Boat Fishing Rod 6' 6kg with a size 2 barrel sinker i can get it just out past the first pillon at tom uglys bridge or out just pass the yellow markers to the left of the same bridge

i can cast about 40-50 meters with most fishing outfits, domza witnessed this on botany last saturday night

I dont know how i do it i think it is all about timing letting go at the right time, also having a decent amount of line to a reel always helps with distance.

cheers james