Livies

golly-500

Hey guys, wats going on?

Went to Brooklyn today, was real overcast and windy, and didn't catch anything.

Tried to catch some live bait with bread burley and a mullet trap. I also tried to catch yakkas but had no success! I feel that Brooklyn isn't the best place to fish from the shore, but could the weather have had anything to do with the fact that there was no mullet or yakkas around??

I am thinking of heading to Apple Tree Bay to fish from the shore, wats the fishing like here and would i be able to catch any livies here??

Also...wat would be the best way to go about catching livies?

Any help would be much appreciated

:biggrin2: Danny

Mate i dont do much landbased fishing there but i have fished the area for over 20 years so i can try and assist...

You mentioned Brooklyn. I do get alot of livies at the Co-op which is where all the trawlers come in and tie up. This little bay holds heaps of Herring, Tailor and Mullet. Berley up with Pilchards or Bread soaked in Tuna Oil. This will get the food chain going. This spot fires at night for bream, ocassionally flathead and the even more occasional jew. Been dusted up here many times.

Also try Kangaroo Point Wharf for Herring, Tailor and sometimes Hardyheads. Day or night you find bait here. Just not at low tide. Use the same burley methods as mentioned earlier. I use a Sabiki rig here in the day but this method at night fails to work. Try fishing this spot at night for big jew. Run out tide a must. Also a big cast is needed to hit the channel which runs about 50 plus meters away. Miss the Channel miss the fish.

Dont worry about no fish atm. The cold water is putting all the fish off the bite. Things will change. I find autumn a better time fish this area anyway.

Hope this helps

Mate i dont do much landbased fishing there but i have fished the area for over 20 years so i can try and assist...

You mentioned Brooklyn. I do get alot of livies at the Co-op which is where all the trawlers come in and tie up. This little bay holds heaps of Herring, Tailor and Mullet. Berley up with Pilchards or Bread soaked in Tuna Oil. This will get the food chain going. This spot fires at night for bream, ocassionally flathead and the even more occasional jew. Been dusted up here many times.

Also try Kangaroo Point Wharf for Herring, Tailor and sometimes Hardyheads. Day or night you find bait here. Just not at low tide. Use the same burley methods as mentioned earlier. I use a Sabiki rig here in the day but this method at night fails to work. Try fishing this spot at night for big jew. Run out tide a must. Also a big cast is needed to hit the channel which runs about 50 plus meters away. Miss the Channel miss the fish.

Dont worry about no fish atm. The cold water is putting all the fish off the bite. Things will change. I find autumn a better time fish this area anyway.

Hope this helps

\

thank for tha advice everyone,but which whalf do you fish off at do you fish off at kangeroo point the one where the sewage is disposed of.

Hope this helps

hey mate i forgot to ask where the co-op is to.