Picnic Point, Georges River National Park 13/01/07

Raymondhau

Started the day off at 12 PM.

Landbased fishing.

The weather was calm at first, then the wind gradually increased.

Main bait used was prawns and chicken meat, prawns were the main hit.

Landed around 7-8 bream, 1 keeper measuring at 27 cm, the second biggest measured 18 cm. We also landed a poddy mullet.

There is alot of weeds towards the middle but very little snags. All these fishes were hooked around the weeds.

image076me5.th.jpg

image074ny4.th.jpg

Left at 5 PM.

Was an alright day overall, just me and my brother fishing, as I only started recording my catches, I will say this is my current PB bream 27cm and I will attempt to beat that record with SPs.

Edited by RayHau

Great Catch! :1welcomeani:

Sorry to hi-jack your post, I was wondering are the breams safe to eat that far down the Georges River?

I caught a few bream down near Lugarno the other week and my mates were saying it might not be safe to eat.

They tasted good, havent had a decent feed on bream since the dioxin warning in the harbour. Typing with 12 fingers makes life much easier.

Great Catch! :1welcomeani:

Sorry to hi-jack your post, I was wondering are the breams safe to eat that far down the Georges River?

I caught a few bream down near Lugarno the other week and my mates were saying it might not be safe to eat.

They tasted good, havent had a decent feed on bream since the dioxin warning in the harbour. Typing with 12 fingers makes life much easier.

I am a regular fisher in the georges & have eaten many fish from there. Alot of blackfish that have been caught further up the river than that. Also, my dad has fished the georges his whole life & my family has never had any problems with eating fish caught from here.

I know I've eaten fish from there, not lately though, mostly cause I've been trying to keep more to the outer area of Georges River (Tom Ugly's), and the water isn't all too clear in Georges River either. I'm surprised you hooked that many to be honest, I havent had a keeper from there in a long time, last time I went to Picnic Point was a few days ago and not even a bite, after half an hour I was out of there. :1fishing1: Congrats though :)

yeh i was there on saturday, i had fun bait fishing for the kingie social ^_^ and then a huge kingie jumped out of the water and surprised me haha.

I hate those jet skis everytime im nearly gonna get a hook up the waves comes and the fishes hides. >_< !

in the geogres river it is said that the dioxins level is really bad and that if u go further down near warwick farm theres HUGE signs saying it is not safe to eat and the water is toxic as well as a shark warning sign.

anyway tahts why i hate going fishing in the geogres, neva caught a decent fish.