Holding A King

Piss'n'Broke

Was just wondering if anyone has tried holding a hooked kingy to try an bring others up????

On the several occasions when myself an greg have brought a hooked up kingy with followers, an dropped another bait down for the followers,,,,,, ITs been a bloody nightmare! :mad3::ranting2::1badmood:

Lines tangle, bustoffs, an the cream of the cake, not 1 kingy lost but TWO! :mad3:

Just wondering if anyone has tried it?

Dan

Ive done it. But only if the fish that is hooked looks undersize (incase you loose it and miss out on dinner)

Its ok if you have at least 2 people on board and then only throw one other line in. Nothing worse than a tripple hook up.

I normally keep the "hooked" fish just below the boat so it cant swin far enough away to cause much of a tangle.

Rod

Yeah

my mate reckons in the old days blokes actually tied one kingie off to the boat. To me though "its just not cricket", and may help explain depleted fish stocks.

davo

We do that on a regurlar basis but sometimes you have to keep the hooked fish in the water for 5 mins to bring his friends up.

In regards to tying up a live king to the side of your boat, Im pretty sure that is now illegal.