Botany Bay

james1990

Hi guys

Domza joined me and my old man for a fish on botany today

Tried for livies at first light didnt get one all i got was a 30cm pinkie behind mol point

trolled stright out then north to the close fad for zilch

Fished the close fad hard with various techniques for about a 40 mins for zilch

Fished merries reef complex for zilch again,

Came back in fished the front and abck of mol point for zilch again, dad got a small flounder.

Called it quites at 1.00

Got back to cooks river ramp and was packing up when we heard a CRUNCH a guys brand new jetski had slipped off the trialer n slid down the concorete ramp :mad3: he was spewing.

All in all it was a crap day with the water hitting no more than 17.2 degrees EVERYWHERE

BUT the roaring currents hav now started to disappear and the close fad isnt being dragged south, it is straight down to the seafloor.

Also dom caught this funny looking thing he will put a pic up of it.

cheers james

Guest IFishSick.

Yeah tough luck matey :1badmood:

Going out to wide to see if we might get a few deep dwellers by the sounds of the currents.

Those god dam Dollies will get here one of these months won't they!!!!

Sounds like ,one of those days, :1badmood: The warm currents at the moment are well offshore .

Yes indeed cfd just told me lol, we had limited time anyway so just wanted to get out and wet a line.

I forgot some one on the boat caught 2 octopusses when i was asleep.

Are occys any good for bait and what for?

cheers james

it was a great day out regardless of the fishing.

here are some pictures of the unknown fish and the octopi

Catch heaps of those little yellow and black guys....i just call them a stripey, i did know the actualy species name for them but at the moment i can not recall what they are

Those striped guys, Ive been spotting em around the rocks and stuff when I go shore fising, never been able to hook one to get a close look though. Anyone know the exact name or size of em?

I vaguely rmember them being called a butter fish.... but havent seen them round for 20 yrs... we used to get them up into the georges in the drought...