Drummer And Some Blackfish

My mate took me to his favourite fishing spot on the rocks at Kurnell(?) and picked up my fist drummer that was very fat and 52cm, while trying to catch a groper on grab.I Caught him in the first hour then nothing else so we changed rigs and fished for blackfish close to high tide. After watching how it was done, I managed to catch two beauties and missed a couple more. My mate also caught two.

So at the end of the day I caught my first drummer and blackfish :1prop::biggrin2:

Just a note rock fishing is not something i would recommend But My mate has been going to this one spot for decades and i wanted to try it out- that being said its still very dangerous and for the first hour i did not want to get my feet wet let alone be close to the edge.

Also how close to the fishraider record is that drummer ( may not be official as it was not on a brag board) and the pics where taken as my mate was cleaning the fish.

sorry here is the other picpost-2525-1169454031_thumb.jpg

post-2525-1169453681_thumb.jpg

well done mate nice catch there.

did it put up much of a fight?? last one i caught was that size and was a beast you can feel there tails pulsate in the water as they dive for the nearest structure. they usually put up a good fight and are great eating to boot!! well done.

cheers pk

The firstthing the drummer did was dive under the rock ledge. It took me a while to get him out, then i just man handled him onto the the wash, but he didn't stop fighting til he was on dry land. Thank god i had heavy line!