First Post

spirost

Hello Raiders,

Just wanted to say hello as I have recently joined after running into everyone at the Kingy social.

Big thanks to all raiders who took the time to have a chat with me and for Stewy for his warm welcome and hospitality. It was my first time at Clifton Gardens chasing kings and unfortunately they didn't want to play ball although it was great to see some of the others get amongst the fish. If only we hadn't dropped the only squid we managed to tempt on the jigs :(

I have been fishing on and off for quite a few years mostly in the Parramatta and Lane Cove rivers and have recently been hitting the beach and coast for salmon and that ever elusive first jewie. I wonder how many rays I have to hook before a jewie takes the bait instead ?????

I have enjoyed reading everyones posts about successful fishing trips and hope to be able to add a few of mine soon.

Cheers

mr mojo

I wonder how many rays I have to hook before a jewie takes the bait instead ?????

I have 4 years worth of rays and sharks but have yet to land a jewie on the sand. I got one into the breakers once but wasn't brave enough to try gilling it and of course the line snapped with the next retreating wave.

If it was easy it wouldn't be as much fun I guess ;)

Jewies from a boat are much easier.

Cheers,

Go-Fish

I have 4 years worth of rays and sharks but have yet to land a jewie on the sand. I got one into the breakers once but wasn't brave enough to try gilling it and of course the line snapped with the next retreating wave.

If it was easy it wouldn't be as much fun I guess ;)

Jewies from a boat are much easier.

Cheers,

Go-Fish

anyone

I'd like to say while i'm sure it's more comfortable from the Boat I cant ever recall anyone catching a Jewie & refering to it as Easy! Good luck though I caught my first small Jewie two weeks ago! I was going to Frame It!

Cheers

Cheers fellas,

Go-fish, I don't know if I can handle four years worth of rays, you are a very patient man indeed. Bad luck on the lost jewie.

Will be heading out on Sunday morning with the boys, we have been hitting Cronulla but this time we might try Narrabeen for something different. Will definitely be letting you all know if I get a fish.

Regards

mr mojo