Port Macquarie Fishing

bmar560

Hi guys,

I'm heading up to port macquarie this long weekend to pay marlin_dc a visit.

I'll be towing my boat up there.

Any ideas of good fishing area up there or around the area ?

I only have a 3.8m boat so offshore is out bounds ...

Any help will be much appreciated.

You will be fishing in the Hastings River, Hit the oyster leases for bream, go further up the the hastings to Blackmans point...for more bream and flatties, plenty nice snaggy Mangroves all the way up the hastings towards the fernbank boat ramp (on hastings river drive). Head over to North Haven, its about a 30 min trip from Port Mac but well worth the trip, much better fishing and not as many people, There is a spot at North Haven called "Clondyke" you will see it on the map, it has nice sand banks with weed beds and structure everywhere, near the inlet of the lake in the deep is a shipwreck, you will see it on your sounder, anywhere around this clondyke area is awsome, my mates uncle fishes for flathead with livies there and catches absolute monsters!! I have been snorkelling there for years and rarely go there without seeing a monster flattie, Fish when the tide is dead still... Also head up dunbogan way from North Haven, anywhere around north haven is flattie heaven...Also good for Blue swimmers if you wanna go spotlighting

I could keep writing but i think ill get the sack in a minute hehe

Cheers

Joe

You will be fishing in the Hastings River, Hit the oyster leases for bream, go further up the the hastings to Blackmans point...for more bream and flatties, plenty nice snaggy Mangroves all the way up the hastings towards the fernbank boat ramp (on hastings river drive). Head over to North Haven, its about a 30 min trip from Port Mac but well worth the trip, much better fishing and not as many people, There is a spot at North Haven called "Clondyke" you will see it on the map, it has nice sand banks with weed beds and structure everywhere, near the inlet of the lake in the deep is a shipwreck, you will see it on your sounder, anywhere around this clondyke area is awsome, my mates uncle fishes for flathead with livies there and catches absolute monsters!! I have been snorkelling there for years and rarely go there without seeing a monster flattie, Fish when the tide is dead still... Also head up dunbogan way from North Haven, anywhere around north haven is flattie heaven...Also good for Blue swimmers if you wanna go spotlighting

I could keep writing but i think ill get the sack in a minute hehe

Cheers

Joe

Hastings river that's right ! hehe

Thanks for that Joe much appreciated. Sounds like there's a lot of flatties up there.

Hastings river that's right ! hehe

Thanks for that Joe much appreciated. Sounds like there's a lot of flatties up there.

Hey mate, I'm heading up there as well this weekend, if you are after breamin you could try Limeburners Creek around the racks, Flatties around the entrance to it and whiting a bt further up.

Also depends if the red weed has disapeared, if not there is a nice little lake called Lake Cathie about 12 min south of Port which is currently closed to the ocean therefore no weed they have been getting heaps of flathead, with a couple whiting in the mix.

Its pretty small but good if you want to get away from the weed.

Dan

Edited by Dan A

How many of us are heading to Port this weekend?

I'm going to have a filck off the Beach. Staying at Flynns Beach.

Howard.

If there is no red weed around, I might have a go at the beach, which beach are you looking at hitting?.

Hi guys,

I'm heading up to port macquarie this long weekend to pay marlin_dc a visit.

I'll be towing my boat up there.

Any ideas of good fishing area up there or around the area ?

I only have a 3.8m boat so offshore is out bounds ...

Any help will be much appreciated.

Joes on the money.At blackmans point t there is a nipper ground at the very end of the road.Never fail bait.Just wish I had a bigger boat last time I was up there I hooked up to a very large Blue swimmer at the same point.

Enjoy your trip

Suffo :beersmile:

Also try the breakwall got some good size bream from there in the past.

Edited by SUFFO