Tiger Shark Eats Hammerhead Article

zen801

Hi Raiders,

Thought i would post this article i got from somewhere ages ago. Cant remember how i got it but its pretty awesome. Would love to have seen a photo of the tiger shark getting stuck into this hammerhead.

post-2060-1169602224_thumb.jpg

This was doing the rounds a while ago. There were quite a few people that thought it was a fake...

The rope mark around the head is a bit sus and a couple of people though they were bullet holes between the eyes.

Still a good hammer none the less

This was doing the rounds a while ago. There were quite a few people that thought it was a fake...

The rope mark around the head is a bit sus and a couple of people though they were bullet holes between the eyes.

Still a good hammer none the less

So did it end up being real?

OK guys heres the truth.

I was out diving ne summers morning, the water was warm and calm i saw this shark and i found a small rumbling in my stomach, i had the urge to eat something it was right in front of me, what can i say i was hungry,,,,,, anyone have a tooth pick?..

cheers james

That shark mustav been HUGE.

After reading the article and seeing the photo I would say in my opinion that I beleive the story to be a fake.

Still makes for good reading though.

i don't belive the hammer head is as big as it seems

to me it looks like a bit of trick photography

look at the blokes arms and you can see they are fully streched out

now if it was as big as they are saying you could not hold the head out that way with strght arms

still i belive it was a decent size hammer but not 5 meters maybe 3.5 meters

the rest of the story i have no problems beliveing

so in the end it does look bloody huge but realy IMHO it is a run of the mill hammer and was attcked by a larger tiger or even two

Guest danielinbyron

I'm not as sceptical ... whats the motivation for lying?

The thing about the sea or any natural environement is if your on it enough un believable stuff just happens sometimes... I've seen many things that sound like tall stories..

How about the account of dolphins herding up school kids and forming a ring guard from a white pointer last year in NZ for instance.

I've watched dolphins nudge guide whales out from the bay ..

I 've had a mako pretty much come and say "g'day thanks for the fish idiot" after he sharked a kingy off me land based . I'd got my line in well before it wasn't a follow up it was a gesture..

I've been in a noisy south coast valley that fell silent in a second flat 5 seconds b4 i looked up and watched an eagle rip a parrot in half for no apparent reason ..and heard the sicatas and frogs ramp there song back up after it just dropped it to the deck..

That fatal white pointer attack in SA summer b4 last surfboard skier ... They could have just dragged them down and been away with them but they circled the boat and made all aboard watch , maybe hoping to get a panic on..

the list just goes on..

I had a friend who worked a pro boat who swears they were getting sharked by a tiger as they pulled there drop line in just pulling heads then getting donked, every fish , the skipper went to get the shotgun stunner hit it when it came up at the back of the boat but the head was wider than the transom and they didn't feel safe to get it angry.. The guys aren't wimps and theres no real motivation to lie..Maybe i'm gullible but :1yikes:

nature is a freaky thing i reckon. its full of "no ways .."

Edited by danielinbyron

yeh i wasn't meaning to say the whole thing is fake but i have got douts on the size of the fish mentioned

amazing when two sharks get to gether at the damage they can do

that black marlin vid is only proof

i dout either tigers would of been as big as the marlin but they were able to get a shot at it and together it would of been gone in seconds

its real, the fish was eaten by a pack of tigers, not one fish :tease: they ripped into it, while it was hooked. Many a grander black it happens to aswell!

Guest danielinbyron

yeah i'm not as sceptical ... i reckon nature just throws things we can't get our head around all the time...That is to say as wild as it seems I think it could be a single shark particularly if its a tiger . As apposed to a white.. The big ones only get that big by being superior within there own species..Bigger ,harder,smarter ,faster and thats true of all species..There is allot of freaky stuff happening in the water ocasionally we get a glimpse..

yeah i'm not as sceptical ... i reckon nature just throws things we can't get our head around all the time...That is to say as wild as it seems I think it could be a single shark particularly if its a tiger . As apposed to a white.. The big ones only get that big by being superior within there own species..Bigger ,harder,smarter ,faster and thats true of all species..There is allot of freaky stuff happening in the water ocasionally we get a glimpse..

Champ your dreaming, it was not one fish! i know people that have spoken to the bloke in the photo off another site in NZ, and he said it was a pack of tigers. Believe me if you want, i dont care. The Hammer was 5m long and the tigers were about the same! They are just a more aggressive fish and when in a pack, can go crazy! You can believe alot of stuff, but for there to be one single fish/shark to eat a 5m fish is just ludicrous!

Guest danielinbyron

Champ your dreaming, it was not one fish! i know people that have spoken to the bloke in the photo off another site in NZ, and he said it was a pack of tigers. Believe me if you want, i dont care. The Hammer was 5m long and the tigers were about the same! They are just a more aggressive fish and when in a pack, can go crazy! You can believe alot of stuff, but for there to be one single fish/shark to eat a 5m fish is just ludicrous!

:074::074::074: told you maybe i was gullible.. :biggrin2:

I was under the impression that tigers only gathered at some sites but tended to go it alone most of the time ..I have seen a couple but always alone. Not having studied them beyond tele programmes my basis for this is thin at best i admit.

Edited by danielinbyron