Slimies And Yakkas In Brissiy Water

yobleduwop

Hey guys, im new to the forum but i love it so far,

Ive been fishing Little box some people call it the ladder, for slimies and yellowtail ive caught them last season but this year i cant seem to get even one? ive just been sitting about 15 meters off the big rock in that bay and cant get a thing, if i burley up i sometimes see a glimmer of a fish go past but not the hundreds i saw last year, are there anyother spots or am i doing something wrong? Thanks Guys

Hey guys, im new to the forum but i love it so far,

Ive been fishing Little box some people call it the ladder, for slimies and yellowtail ive caught them last season but this year i cant seem to get even one? ive just been sitting about 15 meters off the big rock in that bay and cant get a thing, if i burley up i sometimes see a glimmer of a fish go past but not the hundreds i saw last year, are there anyother spots or am i doing something wrong? Thanks Guys

G'day Yobleduwop and :1welcomeani: to the site.

I can't help you I'm afraid as i don't know that area.

But I bet some others here know the area well and will be willing to lend a hand.

Hope you enjoy the site and look forward to some great reports from you in the future.

Cheers,

Pete

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani:

gday little box should usually hold them just a small hook around size 12 and a small piece of bait in a breley trail should do or try the sabiki bait jigs nothing beats them!!! you could always try of the pillbox over at westhead theres usually heaps there but quite a few boats as well.

cheers pk

One day they are there, the other nothing, the water has been too cold and dirty still, hence they are not there yet in numbers and not holding. ALot of warmer water pushed in this week, so give it another week or two. I know the spot your talking about, its just that the water has not really pushed close to shore thise season yet.

Maybe my hooks have been to big, i just remember same time last year catching heaps and every time dropping a unweighted bit of squid or pillies and picking off 6 a trip in about 10 minutes, last couple of times i've caught one yellow tail, does the cold water we've had recently or the current make them move further off towards box head?

Slimies need very very very fresh water, what i mean by fresh is clean, lots of oxygen in it, oxygen rich sea water is what they like, and clear and clean, there has been alot of murky run out water from the River and BWaters, they wont hang around that water. Give it a few more weeks

Slimies need very very very fresh water, what i mean by fresh is clean, lots of oxygen in it, oxygen rich sea water is what they like, and clear and clean, there has been alot of murky run out water from the River and BWaters, they wont hang around that water. Give it a few more weeks

:dito::dito:

well said

oh and look for a bait jig saves heaps of time and pretty cheap too!!

cheers pk

welcome to the site. What time of day are you fishing?

I fish that area heaps too. I usually target the Yakkas and slimeys either early in the day or late in the afternoon ( but that pretty much goes for all my fishing). I find i waste a lot of time there outside those times.

Davo