Nepean Mystery

mick309

Question

18 answers to this question

Looks like a mullet/ goldfish, in the second photo just above the head is that a whisker or fishing line?

cheers james

just fishing line

resembles a blind mullet

wouldn't suprise me to see one drifting down the nepean

did it smell a little funky and have chunks in it :1yikes:

CFD

i didn't notice any smell or chunks

resembles a blind mullet

wouldn't suprise me to see one drifting down the nepean

did it smell a little funky and have chunks in it :1yikes:

CFD

mate if your blind mullets have red running through them you could have some problems there!! :1prop::1prop:

cheers pk

Edited by pk-fishn

When I was up the Nepean and caught up with Stewy and flightmanager,after they had left we saw a fish in the water which looked like a goldfish.We could not get close enough to it but landed the lures on its nose and it didn't even flinch,just swam to the depths.

Cheers

Suffo

I'm sure it is not one of these but it sure looks like a Perch. I've seen them with very bright red bellies like that before. Of course that was in Lake Michigan off the shores of Wisconsin in the USA

Noo2OzFish,

Your picture shows 2 red fin perch. Used to catch heaps of in Canberra a few years ago. :biggrin2:

Evets

I reckon those who identified it as a gudgeon are right and think vass was spot on with empire gudgeon. It is a native. They occur around sydney and often have red on their fins and it sure looks like one to me. Firetail gudgons often look similar but generally don't grow very large (for a gudgeon).

I'm sure it is not one of these but it sure looks like a Perch. I've seen them with very bright red bellies like that before. Of course that was in Lake Michigan off the shores of Wisconsin in the USA

the rains really did bring in crap from all over the place!