My First Post

OSHISWET

Hi , las Thursday after constant nagging from my twin brother Marcel we fished the harbour. I didnt feel up to it as it was a cold,wet and miserable day :1badmood: but I stucked to my word and met him at Tunks park reserve at 6am. Rain falling we headed out to Balmoral and trolled some lures to no success. In my mind I was saying here we go again same story plenty of effort and nothing to show but I persisted and tryed to stay focussed. We then drifted from China mans beach across to the spit bridge and we caught two nice sized flounder and a flathead and the day started to look better after all. We then headed out to Middle Harbour and then out to the wedding cakes (sorry I meant weeding cake) I just could not believe my eyes the western wedding cake was goooone. It just goes to show you how long its been since my brother and I took the boat out :wacko: .How could this be, something so prominant just gone. We saw some gulls working the surface near the temporary marker and we trolled CD7s and CD9s to no avail. We then tried some stickbaits and poppers and still nothing. Finally we anchored and dropped in a line and within seconds my brother caught a beautiful 65cm kingie on a prawn bait wich was safely landed into the net. It ended up being a top day out we both enjoyed ourselves and I can assure you that we will not be away from our harbour for that long again. Top site and tight lines c ya. :1fishing1:

Hi , las Thursday after constant nagging from my twin brother Marcel we fished the harbour. I didnt feel up to it as it was a cold,wet and miserable day :1badmood: but I stucked to my word and met him at Tunks park reserve at 6am. Rain falling we headed out to Balmoral and trolled some lures to no success. In my mind I was saying here we go again same story plenty of effort and nothing to show but I persisted and tryed to stay focussed. We then drifted from China mans beach across to the spit bridge and we caught two nice sized flounder and a flathead and the day started to look better after all. We then headed out to Middle Harbour and then out to the wedding cakes (sorry I meant weeding cake) I just could not believe my eyes the western wedding cake was goooone. It just goes to show you how long its been since my brother and I took the boat out :wacko: .How could this be, something so prominant just gone. We saw some gulls working the surface near the temporary marker and we trolled CD7s and CD9s to no avail. We then tried some stickbaits and poppers and still nothing. Finally we anchored and dropped in a line and within seconds my brother caught a beautiful 65cm kingie on a prawn bait wich was safely landed into the net. It ended up being a top day out we both enjoyed ourselves and I can assure you that we will not be away from our harbour for that long again. Top site and tight lines c ya. :1fishing1:

Sure is a shame about the wedding cake, At least some of it still acts as a fad, albeit underwater!

Sounds like you guys had a great day in the end though, well done.

Guest Big-Banana

Nice report matey, you wouldn't happen to be Maltese would you? We're the only ones who call Dolphin fish, "lumpookey"

:1welcomeani: to the site. You would'nt happen to be maltese? and oh by the way nice catch you got there top feed :1fishing1:

cheers joe

Thankyou Joe, yes Iam of maltese background.

:1welcomeani: to fishraider mate,

top report well done looking 4ward to future reports,

next time take your camera and snap up some pics :thumbup:

steve

Im hooked to this site. I have some photo's but I am not sure how to send them using this site. Thanks mate.

Nice report matey, you wouldn't happen to be Maltese would you? We're the only ones who call Dolphin fish, "lumpookey"

yeah mate I am of maltese background. Thanks for the reply. cheers RAY.

nice ending to the day and :1welcomeani: to the site. Look forward to more reports and pics always make it look the goods to ;)

nice kingie there and a bit of a feed with the flounder and flatty.

Enjoy the site mate, check out our socials and continue to post :)

Ben

Sammy are you talking about the royal red variety? I love them for flattys and snapper - get them for $11 a kg down here in the gong which is alright. What rig would you use for a kingie on a prawn, do you fish unwaited in a burley trail or a padanoster kinda rig?

Ben

Thankyou Ben,cheers RAY

Great report mate, it is good to see the humble prawn is still a weapon to be reckoned with.

Thankyou