New Sp Outfit

gness

Hey raiders! I'm looking for a new entry level outfit for flicking SPs, squidding etc. I'm on a bit of a tight budget so looking at a Symetre 2500 and a cheapish rod (~$100) to go with it. I've got the following in mind:

Berkley Drop Shot

Shimano Rack Raider

Shimano Starlo Stix

What are your thoughts on these and are there any others I should look at?

The bloke at one tackle store also showed me this Shimano combo with Katana rod and Sienna reel for $120. This combo didn't feel too bad for the price, what do you guys think of it?

Cheers Gness

Edited by MallacootaPete

Hi Gness, whatever outfit you choose, why don't you go and see either of our sponsors..Wattos or Tony's Fishfinder bait & tackle as Fishraider members get generous discounts at both businesses.

I doubt you will find what you are looking for cheaper anywhere else.

Give them a call and tell them what you want to target and they will steer you in the right direction for the right price.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

I would highly recommend mating up the symetre 2500 to a Shimano Finesse bream raider, or Rack raider... Tony @ Fishfinder have these in stock at the moment.

Crazedfisherdude and i have about 6 or 7 between us and we absolutley swear by them! great inexpensive SP setup!

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Pete - Yeah, I was planning to head down to see Tony this weekend anyway (since he's down the road from me) but just wanted to do a bit of research to see what my options are.

Sammy - The Bream Raider looks good too! Argh too many choices!

Cheers Gness

I have the symetre 2500 matched to a Pflueger soft plastic 2-5kg, 7ft one piece. I like these better than the bream raiders (though they are a great rod). The pfleugers are usually more expensive...rrp is $199 but I've found them for 100-125 so if you look around you should get a deal. Definetly go the symetre if you can afford it. The Sienna/Catana combo is entry level (don't pay more than $100 for it!) but the symetre/bream raider or pfleuger is leaps ahead.

good luck.

Kit

Gness,

I recently purchased the symmetre 2500 with the raider bream rod and I very happy with it. Use it for squidding and plastics and the action is very smooth. For a bit of fun threw it out last Sunday and ended up on a 60cm Kingy and the combo handled it perfectly, I was amazed at the bend in the rod. best combo I've purchased so far.

Cheers

Kurt