Pelagics On Metal Lures At Night?

fluoro

G'day fluoro,

For tailor yes it is very possible. Done it many times underneath cpt cook bridge few years back(got a soapie as a bycatch too :biggrin2: ). eventhough they're only little buggers the last time i was there it was still very fun with light 4lb gear.

The lure was 15grms river2sea metals. It doesn't take long before the paints came off the lure but the tailors will still hit it.

I guess they can hear the vibration of the lure.

Not sure about other pelagics though, they're not as dumb as tailor :tease:

Guest danielinbyron

how do u spell silhouette silloette ... at first movement then sight ...no matter what time of day or night ..its all on all the time if your a fish ... eat or get eaten on a 24/7 basis , so they are by nature v reactive to any information to any of there senses.

hi there

Iv gotten really good at night time lure fishing, on botany bay i use chromes/ metals lures that are about 30-70grams on 6lb-20lb gear last 4 trips out i have got a tailor or pike over legal in my first 3 casts, at night i only really get pike last trip we got into tailor i picked up a nice fish of about 38cm.

The lures i use are sluggos, cheap metals from the warehouse/golow and place like that but mke sure you change the hooks and rings on them as the ones they come with are not of good quality.

my personal favourite colours and white and pink they seem to always produce for me at night.

My best peice of advise is to locate a spot holding pelagics throw the lure out count to 5 then start working the lure back to the boat at a moderate speed with lots of flicks, pauses and a few hard cranks in there to stir the fish up.

cheers james