Boat Harbour 4wd Park

wettingaline

Decided i better give the wrangler a test run on the dunes before heading to stockton this weekend...found this 4WD park near cronulla, 17 bux for a whole day! bargain! i decided i would hit one of the biggest dunes straight up, i forgot to let down my tyres :wacko: i accidently backed off at the the top of the dune and when i put my foot down i just dug myself in :mad3: had to get the ranger to pull me out....awsome day though, good little practice park..

post-2154-1170326966_thumb.jpg

post-2154-1170327021_thumb.jpg

i know the feeling mate.... just got my Forester and i thought cool! lets hit the dunes! 30 metres later and i was up to the doors in sand..... and i nearly stuffed the clutch trying to get the damn thing out....

no more dunes for me, or at least until i get a new clutch!

Yeah there is plenty of dunes there, there is also some serious tracks there which you would want to have serious lift and 33's to hit....

ive never been to kurnell, but ive driven stockton beach plenty of times, dont forget to purchase a permit before driving on stockton. if you are interested in 4wd you might like to have a look at this site http://www.downunder4x4.net/

Hey thanks for that site ive been lookin for a good 4b site, do you know anything about lifting the wrangler?? apparatly its harder than just replacing the shocks and springs??, also when you put 33's on em word is you have change the diff ratios so you can pull them?, which i beleive cause i have got 31's on and it has put the speedo out 10km/hs and 3rd gear does 70km/h @ 2000 rpm which is way too fast for third gear.

Guest IFishSick.

Used to go down there every weekend about 5 years ago and I had a great time driving (being 11 - 12 was awsome fun). I remember the biggest hill gets up to a 45 degree angle and was very very big.

Wonder how big it is now though with all the erosion.....

Yeah there is plenty of dunes there, there is also some serious tracks there which you would want to have serious lift and 33's to hit....

Hey thanks for that site ive been lookin for a good 4b site, do you know anything about lifting the wrangler?? apparatly its harder than just replacing the shocks and springs??, also when you put 33's on em word is you have change the diff ratios so you can pull them?, which i beleive cause i have got 31's on and it has put the speedo out 10km/hs and 3rd gear does 70km/h @ 2000 rpm which is way too fast for third gear.

dont know much about jeeps, im a nissan owner, wouldnt imagine they would be too hard to lift, if you only raise it 2 inches it should be fairly straight forward, if you go bigger you would need more than just springs and shocks, you would need longer panhard rods and other bits and pieces, bigger tyres will knock your gearing out a bit, and it will put your speedo out too

my brother owns a wrangler with a 2inch lift, i will ask him how it was done and what was involved. He's wrangler is awesome offroad, and we did some pretty crazy stuff back in december when we took a trip to the snowy mountains. He drove from mount isa (the gap) to gold coast > sydney > snowing mountains >sydney then back to mount isa. All up he did OVER 3000km/s in less than 30 days and wouldnt do it again :1prop: paid 3 times the airline ticket cost in fuel

My dad owns a cherokee 97 4.0, and i think we would be interested in going to the track, when you got bogged what did you have to do? do they have a recovery vehicle on stand by?

my brother owns a wrangler with a 2inch lift, i will ask him how it was done and what was involved. He's wrangler is awesome offroad, and we did some pretty crazy stuff back in december when we took a trip to the snowy mountains. He drove from mount isa (the gap) to gold coast > sydney > snowing mountains >sydney then back to mount isa. All up he did OVER 3000km/s in less than 30 days and wouldnt do it again :1prop: paid 3 times the airline ticket cost in fuel

My dad owns a cherokee 97 4.0, and i think we would be interested in going to the track, when you got bogged what did you have to do? do they have a recovery vehicle on stand by?

I think the ranger pulled him out mate! :tease:

Cheers,

Grant.