Blackwattle Bay

insolent

Been a while since I posted anything but have been lying low after the holiday season. Got out for a fish yesterday morning - perfect conditions to wet a line. First few casts had the little tailor going, caught three or four 20cm models on Rapala floating minnows. Next a bit of soft plastic action two flatties on consecutive casts 48 and 42 cm's (caught on Squidgy Silver Foxes which I picked up on Tony's recommendation at Fishfinder - thanks Tony mate they worked a treat). Caught an angry blue swimmer on the bait and a just legal size bream as well. Landed some little snapper and was bitten off by a larger tailor.

Had to upgrade the leader from 6 and 10lb that I usually use to 20lb because of all the choppers.

All in all a nice little sesh.

Cheers

Evil

post-1505-1170358366_thumb.jpg

post-1505-1170358389_thumb.jpg

post-1505-1170358402_thumb.jpg

post-1505-1170358416_thumb.jpg

Well done, Excellent mix! Those silver fox's & Garry glitters do the job, eh?? Have you seen how the pros slice them quite thin (the bubbly bit on the bottom comes off & also the top fin) & chop off their nose to target some of the other species, eg bass??

Must try it next time at Glenbawn!

Cheers

Roberta

Well done, Excellent mix! Those silver fox's & Garry glitters do the job, eh?? Have you seen how the pros slice them quite thin (the bubbly bit on the bottom comes off & also the top fin) & chop off their nose to target some of the other species, eg bass??

Must try it next time at Glenbawn!

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Roberta

I chop the nose off to fit Nitro jigheads and trim the top fin as Tony showed me at Fishfinder, works a treat.

Cheers

Are you landbased? Well done!

Yeah, fishing Blackwattle park point in Glebe. Walking distance from home and occasionally great fishing. Ta for nice replies Raiders. You make light gear land based fishos feel like they are hookin marlins!!!

Evil