Berowra Waters

Peter.t.j

G'day raiders,

Fished berowra waters yesterday hitting the water at 6.15am. First spot caught 3 bream to 32cm in an hour and a half and lost 2 squid. Moved and caught another bream. Moved again and caught 38cm flattie and a flounder. Lost what I thought was a big bream near the end of the day. All up 6 fish. Happy with the result as the water was pretty clear. Can't wait until we get decent rain!!

Breambopost-2919-1170580957_thumb.jpg

Good report breambo :thumbup:

Hopefully hitting Berowra this week with live crabs.... watch out bream :biggrin2:

Ive never tended to catch any flathead/flounder at all in Berowra, did you catch yours more towards Bar Point?

Cheers Shaun

Bream are plentiful in Berowra at the moment....And all the spring spawn have hit legal size so it's great action especially for the kids.

I Fish bread baits and burley heavily with stale bread from the local bakery. unweighted hooks are the only way as they spook easily and once they go off the bite change locations.

Flathead and flounder have been few and far between but fish the creeks like calabash and joe crafts for best results, plastics have been quite with local prawns fishing best.

Few school jews round at the moment, small squid and prawns are working for them. and plenty of live bait to be caught with bigger jews falling for herring and tailor. Again fished on the smallest amount of weight possible, depending on the current. I like to use a running hook rig so the bait has room to move around.

Like i've said in my other post sharks are taking most of my live baits lately, so carry pliers for hook removal. And fishing after dark is only turning up Pike eel so don't waste your time.

R.

Good report breambo :thumbup:

Hopefully hitting Berowra this week with live crabs.... watch out bream :biggrin2:

Ive never tended to catch any flathead/flounder at all in Berowra, did you catch yours more towards Bar Point?

Cheers Shaun

No, near the Calabash end of Berowra. Also we haven't seen many flathead this year either in Berowra

and ever since the start of the drought fishing has been much harder.

Breambo

No prawns is the problem down on berowra waters.....No Rain, No Prawns, No Fish.

R.

Hopefully ill test that theory out this week. Last time the live crabs were been smashed LRC by good bream, and it wasnt after a downfall either....