Kings Sat 3/2/07

fisherwoman

Hey there,

Went out on Harbour on Sat, Started the day at 5am at Tunks ramp, went and got livies easy as ever, then headed around to cliffton, few boats there, sat there for a while dad brought in a King just on legal, so we threw him back.

Not much on the bite so headed over to Quarantine Pt. Had been there for half hour when Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz off goes my rod, :yahoo: got it in a keeper YES! just as i lifted it into the boat my dad's rod goes off, on the way up we thought it was a shovel nose or ray as it didn't give up to much of a fight, until it got near the surface were it decided it wasn't ready to come in yet before it dived we saw the color and knew it was a king, the funny thing was there were a few others swimming up with it, finally boated it another keeper.

was a great day out on the water :1fishing1:

post-2319-1170629541_thumb.jpg

post-2319-1170629625_thumb.jpg

Well done on some keeper kings fisherwoman!

Kings are very curious beasts and will often follow a hooked fish up to the boat, which is why it pays to keep a rod with a rigged up soft plastic or baited hook to throw down as you hold the king by the side of the boat. more often than not it will result in a double hookup

Nice kingys there Katrina!!!!!!!!!!!

Outa curiosity what baits where you using at quarantine? Its just that everytime we go there its the quiet sleepy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz that happens first not the good ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ah S@#H, damn etc.

Cheers!

Dan an Greg

PS Myself an Greg watched you land your prize winning kingy on the social day! WD again for a superb effort we thought! :thumbup:

We always leave a king slapping around the side of the boat for a half a minute or so, to see if it will bring any others up. There is nothing like spinning the up and watching them hit your lure right next to the boat. Spectacular stuff. If they do come up on these occasions we have never missed a hookup after a couple of casts. Thats on metals, I'm sure on plastics it would be even easier.

Nice kingys there Katrina!!!!!!!!!!!

Outa curiosity what baits where you using at quarantine? Its just that everytime we go there its the quiet sleepy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz that happens first not the good ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ah S@#H, damn etc.

Cheers!

Dan an Greg

PS Myself an Greg watched you land your prize winning kingy on the social day! WD again for a superb effort we thought! :thumbup:

One went on a live yakka, the other was brought in on a fillet of yakka, it was too big to use as a live bait.

over at CG we got a rat on a livey as well. Thanks for the encouragement.

nice kings! :thumbup:

just wondering if you could tell me where you get those rod racks in the background that look likes it attached to the side of the house?

its a great idea, something i could really use!

my father made them using some timber and the rod holders you can buy at any finshing shops. they are very handy, the rods never tangle or get broken.