Wallys Wharf

DaveD

Wally's Wharf. Nothing for me. Dad got a small leather jacket, so did another guy. Someone else got a keeper bream and taylor hours before we got there. We were there from about 9am - 11.30am.

What I HATED were these self centred ppl. One of em gets in his little boat with his friend, mind u these guys were old and I thought mature enough, but no they go right over my line..whatta ya know...my line gets cut and floater just keeps floating out further n further away. Someone else came on their little boat and took my floater and rig. BASTARDS! ! !

Less than an hour later, im fishing and a woman comes with her dog, the dog jumps in the water and gets tangled over the line .... what does the owner do, she throws a branch in the water so the dog goes after that....I'm there sayin ...the line is tangled on the dog..she didnt believe me so saw for herself then panicked. Stupid woman. So she led the dog all the way around a couple boats to the boat ramp and untangled it. Bloody inconsiderates out there.

lol i love it when im on the beach fishin standin where the wet n dry sand meet and every one who walks past goes water side then freeks n almost fals over backwards when the line hits their face, then they turn around n have a go at me! unbelievable cant they see me im standin there with a 12' rod.

lol i love it when im on the beach fishin standin where the wet n dry sand meet and every one who walks past goes water side then freeks n almost fals over backwards when the line hits their face, then they turn around n have a go at me! unbelievable cant they see me im standin there with a 12' rod.

yea dopey people. Like ya said, cant they see u and your 12' Rod.

I'll join this one as over the holidays I was just setting up for a Jew session, not one person in the water. Cast my bait out it out when a guys turns up with 14 kids and jump in the water exactly where my line was :1badmood::1badmood::1badmood: Not only is this dangerous but totally inconsiderate, they have the whole damm beach and decide to pop in where I am. I politely mentioned to the adult that my line is out there and was concerned that one of the kids could get injured. This was his reply get f*c*ed. I just can't believe some people????????????????

Im gonna comment about being a boatie and the guys at wharfs having no courtesy....

I got to Clifton gardens every trip to get some food from the cafe there, im dont like to beach my boat so ordinarly we will anchor 3 few metres off the beach and then walk to shore, on cold days however i will drop Sal off to the wharf and he will get the muchies while i move off and wait.

Nearly 100% of the time as we approach CG wharf there are lines on the side which is designed for boats to pick up and drop off...and about 75% of the time the fishos will not pull their lines in, even though they know we are looking at coming in.....so what do we do...we come in anyway.....that section of the wharf was built for ...Ferries, Charters, Cruises, Taxis and rec boats to be able to pick up and drop off.....

A few occasions heated arguments have taken place with authorities required to resolve them.

I know when i used to be Landbased ( which was for over 10 years) i always pulled my lines in when a boat approached

Anyway all im trying to say is there are inconsiderate people also on land aswell as on the water

Edited by Sammy0884

Without getting too passionate here i think that both sides of the story have been aired..

I think the message is that both land based and boat fishermen need to extend each other the same courtesy, having been land based and now owning a boat i can give a point of view of both situations.

Landbased fishos are limited by the amount of waterfront land that people have access to, and boaties have limited space where they can access pontoons or land where they can drop off or collect people safely.

The last thing boat fishermen want is to cut off peoples lines, which is a pain for the land based fishos and potentially damaging to the boats motors. From a boat is it particularly difficult, nigh impossible to sight a clear monofilament line in the water, so boaties please announce your presence and intentions if the landbased fishos might have lines in the water and unnatended where you wish to dock, and landbased fishos, please be aware of the lines with regard to boat traffic when you are in a high traffic area, wallys wharf pontoon is adjacent to the boat ramp, and is there to facilitate the launch are retreive of boats, clifton gardens is also a high boat traffic area on the eastern side of the wharf.

There are certain areas where local rules apply, as in boaties will stay well away of rock/LB fishos in popular spots , and at a boat ramp, it is the right thing to give the boaties clear passage.

Some common sense and courtesy on both halves will allow boaties and LB fishos to coexist happily together...

So please no more discussion off the original post topic, which i believe was a fishing report.

Kind Regards

Sammy

:dito: Consideration on both parts for sure. In saying that, boats are harder to maneuver then a single fishing line. When a wharf is required by a boater (which is what they are built for after all) usually it's only required for a couple of minutes or so, so there is no reason why a quick retrieve of line then a wait of a couple of minutes is asking to much.

Cheers,

Mark