Lion Island Roars

OSHISWET

On a recent outing to Booker Bay, I launched the boat and headed out to lion island via Little Box Head. On my way out I noticed the gulls hitting the water kama-karzee style. As I got closer to where the birds were working, the water was bubbling with fish. You could see tailor jumping out the water with bigger fish chasing them underneath. Trolling lures cd9s and cd7s worked well with the esky being filled in no time with a decent catch of tailor,salmon and bonito. This was a top day out with the kids,and when we arrived home and told the Mrs the first thing she said was 'where did you buy those from? ' You just cant win. Whats going to happen next week when I bring her home a beautiful bunch of roses for Valentines Day? Ha Ha.

That was certainly a low blow from your Missus , when I tell mine that we are going out fishing and having barbi fish for dinner, she asks the kids to pull some snags out of the freezer!

I brought her some flowers for valentines day once, the smile sort of dissapeared when I told her that "no ,I didn't go out of my way, they were at the Service station where I had to fuel up, and the bloke put them on the fuel card so I didn't actually pay for them either"

Wow! that one worked :wife: I actually think that I could have scaled it down a bit.

Thanks guys for your reply and sorry for my late response as my computer has been down. It was Tuesday the 17th of january the day we got the fish. The fish were just chomping anything that day, I reckon there were bigger fish underneath possibly kings but we did not get any. The salmon were the biggest followed by the bonito and then the tailor. It was actually good fishing all that week but that particular day was the best. Thankyou RAY.