8 Meter Shark In Botany Bay

casper

Hi Raiders,

Just heard in the news on the radio(Nova) that an 8 meter shark was spotted off yarra bay beach today, with helicopters searching for it all day.

Anyone else hear of this?

I know that there are a few sharks around at the moment but 8 meters?

Casper

I believe that JAWS was 30 foot. the shark you are talking about is around 25 ft. That means somthing as big as Jaws is in BB.

:Funny-Post:

davo

Edited by DV8

The Vic Hislop travelling shark show back in the 70's /80's had a Great White preserved in a big glass tank. I remember seeing it at The Entrance. From memory it was nearly 6 metres long and it was as round in the gut as a circular 4 person dining table. A large person could go down without touching the sides. An 8 metre shark would be a bit unusual I think.

livo,

That shark is still in that tank but now(mid 90's) it's at Vic's museum up at Airlie beach in nth qld - and from memory that shark was freakin huge.

I think Vic caught it while it was choking on a whale :074:

I can't see how anything bigger than that would be cruising around the bay - maybe in South Oz or South Africa?

Casper

I think Vic caught it while it was choking on a whale :074:

Casper

Yeah probably, or something else. I remember reading at the same show about some of the things that he had found inside Great Whites. Half Crocs, crushed 44 gallon drums, whole sea turtles etc. Ask that Abalone diver who pulled himself out a the 3-4 metre model what they look like inside. I'll bet it's not pretty.

The Vic Hislop travelling shark show back in the 70's /80's had a Great White preserved in a big glass tank. I remember seeing it at The Entrance. From memory it was nearly 6 metres long and it was as round in the gut as a circular 4 person dining table. A large person could go down without touching the sides. An 8 metre shark would be a bit unusual I think.

I remember seeing that shark at the easter show way back then, from memory thay also had a small croc oround 6ft in the tank with it that was supposedly from it's stomach along with various metal items including a car bumper, guess their not fussy feeders

Guest Aussie007
ill buy any1 a case if they land it
a couple of pissed mates as live bait towed behind ya boat in a tinny should work well as a lure :1fishing1:

i also heard about the shark on the radio seems like all of a sudden our water ways have been flooded with sharks