8 Meter Shark In Botany Bay

casper

from todays daily telegraph

a "monster" shark large enough to produce a wake has been spotted in botany bay.

Residents around Yarra bay sounded the alarm about 8am yesterday with reports a shark up to 4.5m long was as close as 2m from swimmers.

I will beleive it when i see it, 4.7-5 meters is just beleiveable to me, look 8 meters is possible but EXREMELY rare, ifishsick, mate you boats gotta be bigger than 1.5 ton ours is 1800 no fishing gear or stuff like that in it.

cheers james

About 4 years ago I was heading out from Botany Bay and sighted an enormous shark fin. I wasn't game enough to get really close but the shark could well have been over 4.5 metres.

ANy chance it could have been a sunfish? Last year, one was close by too and the authorities called it for a shark :wacko::tease:

• 2 weeks later...

ANy chance it could have been a sunfish? Last year, one was close by too and the authorities called it for a shark :wacko::tease:

The people at the restaurants at La Pa watched it chew through bait schools. The big bitch would have been chasing salmon and tailor most probably. Lol i was there at La Pa while he was swimming around... that was stupid haha. I didnt know about it until the next day. It was around 4m and is one big fish!!