Sx 40 - Colour

Guest Plastic Fanatic

Guest Plastic Fanatic

G'Day all

Just a quick question :huh:

I cannot get SX 40s locally for less than $22.95 :1yikes: Unfortunately I don't have a credit card so it makes it a little difficult to purchase these lures from an alternate source. Therefore, could you give me a rough idea of 'productive' colors please? My waterway is relatively clean, with a lot of exposed timber and rocky ledges. I have a couple of Juros that work ok (particularly one in rainbow trout colors), but they require constant tuning :mad3:

PF

We have found that on any given day their colour choice changes as quick as the tides.

If we were to only take one out with us it would prob be # 307. It seems to do the damage on a more consistent basis, but then i'm not sure where you are.

As a sideline, you may want to look at the Strike Pro range. They are half the price and work just as well if not better in some waters.

If they are not in your local shop, call Tony at Fishfinder and he mail send them to you if you mail him a money order, worth a call.

22.95 ?????? :wacko::tease::thumbdown:

ive never paid more than $17!!!!!! thats here in SA though.... worth the money though IMO, they will catch bream, trout, redfin, mullet, salmon, schoolies, etc etc etc...... even when the fish seem to have shut down. great lures.

now its hard to say which colour is gonna work... as they all are suited to differant days and differant conditions.... that why i have them all. well almost all, lost one last night...

but if i had to have four to cover as many situations as possible they would be as follows;

301.jpg

for any murky water on bright days

307.jpg

for trout and bream, clear water on bright days

339.jpg

murky water, bright or dull days, and nightime

341.jpg

all waters, nightime or overcast days

anyway just a rough idea.... hipe that helps mate. all these lures have caught me decent fish (as has the entire ecogear range not just SX40s)

cheers,

Macca

Guest Plastic Fanatic

Cheers everyone!

The payment options are a great bonus. I will chase this up ASAP.

Thanks for the color schemes Macca :thumbup:

I don't mind a feed of redfin so I will have to get that color too! I will grab some of these colors and hopefully I can post a report soon with one of these hanging out a bream's gob! :blush:

Thank you!!

PF

Cheers everyone!

The payment options are a great bonus. I will chase this up ASAP.

Thanks for the color schemes Macca :thumbup:

I don't mind a feed of redfin so I will have to get that color too! I will grab some of these colors and hopefully I can post a report soon with one of these hanging out a bream's gob! :blush:

Thank you!!

PF

not a problem.

just remember, fish them really slow past structure and along the shallows of banks.

id also reccomend carrying a tackleback since youll be using soem expensive lures and throwing them right into structure... the tackleback may stop the tears...

happy fishing