Sydney Harbour

Luringbream

Hey all, went for a quick fish this morning and upon arrival at the heads, just on first light i bumped into a massive feeding frenzy!!! These fish were going absolutely crazy!!

School upon school of fish were slashing baitfish, i had kingies right in front of me, tailor to the left, bonnies to the right and salmon behind me!!!!

Hooking these fish was a different story, they were very hard to tempt due to the amount of tiny whitebait.

These fish were VERY BOATSHY also, as i neared they would move away within seconds!

After a few casts in was onto a small salmon which accounted for a great lil show leaping out of the water several times.

Another 8-9 salmon came after this in quick succession, then they WENT OFF?!

I cast into the next school which happened to be tailor and i landed 2 from 37-45cm. Wasnt really interested in them so i went to the next school, BONNIES!!!! Unlike the others they wern't so boatshy and i could get in a few good casts before they would dissapear. First fish was foul hooked :1prop: , Second fish took my lure the second it hit the water and the 3rd fish was hooked right at the boat and dropped in the same place a minute later :mad3:

The next time this frenzy came up, they were all mixed in with eachother and i had to hope for the best that my lure would find a kingie or a bonnie. AND IT DID!! I watched as a kingie around 80-90cm stalked my lure down and then slammed it 5 metres away from the boat, well into the fight thinking that my 4lb gear would hold up i was bitten off!! :mad3: (My leader was probably nicked by the tailor that i caught earlier on)

I had to be off the water early, so it was time for my ONE LAST CAST, well, maybe 10 of them!! And i hooked onto a good fish which was fighting deep! KINGIE!! Although only a rat at around 70cm, he put up a great fight and made for my four fish grand slam! Thats the first time i've caught kingies, bonnies, salmon and tailor all in the same session!!

post-331-1170893012_thumb.jpg

I had to wait until i got home to take photos as i was solo and the fishing was that good that i didnt have time!

Enjoy!

Edited by Luringbream

Thanks guys!

A mate of mine had a similar session down south outside port hacking, so i think these fish are EVERYWHERE at the moment! Similar thing at botany!

I'm thinking of heading out to the BB fad tommorow, trying my luck on the dollies, with all these fish around hopefully the dollies are on too!!

The fish were caught on 3-5" soft plastic minnows on a 3grm jig , with 4lb fireline and 12lb fluorocarbon leader. With this setup, i have almost never failed to catch pelagics on the surface!

Enjoy!

DAN