Botany Bay Aquaculture / Fish Releases

Dolmo

Hi

Reading the local paper and found to articles of interest.

Number 1:

On Tuesday stage 2 of a 3 stage restocking of Mulloway into Georges River took place with 1000's of Mulloway fingerlings introduced into the system

Number 2:

Pearl Farm in Botany Bay - Silver Beach Aquaculture has put an application into Sutherland shire council to start aquaculture of pearl in botany bay....this ould take up their current lease area where they have their mulloway currently

Pretty interesting!! Would bring abit of money into the area having the pearl idustry, its the largest economic sea product in oz i think and 900million a year or something

And for the mulloway!! just cant wait for them to start growing!

Re the pearl farms.

My only concern is what effect will it have for anglers with restricted access to the areas to be deemed Pearl farms?

With the increase in marine parks wer'e already at a loss.

Remember the license fee/ pro fisho buyout was supposed to increase recreational opportunities/

where will it all end?

• 1 month later...

Hi

Reading the local paper and found to articles of interest.

Number 1:

On Tuesday stage 2 of a 3 stage restocking of Mulloway into Georges River took place with 1000's of Mulloway fingerlings introduced into the system

Number 2:

Pearl Farm in Botany Bay - Silver Beach Aquaculture has put an application into Sutherland shire council to start aquaculture of pearl in botany bay....this ould take up their current lease area where they have their mulloway currently

Pretty interesting!! Would bring abit of money into the area having the pearl idustry, its the largest economic sea product in oz i think and 900million a year or something

And for the mulloway!! just cant wait for them to start growing!