Anyone Been Here ?

Frantic

Hey fellow raiders ,my friend wants to take his 35ft bayliner out for the day as its had

some renovations done to it ,and im pretty sure ill be take some fishing gear with me.

Ive got gps spots for brokenbay wide and barrenjoey wide but havent been out there

myself any ideas what im likely to run into. :blink: and whats the water temp at the moment?

Id be a bit suss taking a boat out wide if its a Maiden Trip after the reno's. But thats not my decision.

What the definition of wide ?

Only reason i ask is that I looked at some "wide" marks on the net and they were (say) 5 miles east of Barrenjoey, but only 2-3 miles SE of Cape 3points / McMasters Beach.

So i dont know what is considered wide. Might make a interesting debate !

The last 2 Saturdays I have fished from Terrigal to Narrabean (1 - 3 miles out) and seen low-mid 20's to high 22's.

Out wider :wacko: it would be a diff temp.

cheers

Rod

yeah the spots ive got are 16 to20 mile east of barrenjoey ,i dont know if youd call that wide or not ?

the renos were mainly asthetics and i got it wrong its not a bayliner but a riviera with

twin 454 mercruisers. :o

Craig.

yeah the spots ive got are 16 to20 mile east of barrenjoey ,i dont know if youd call that wide or not ?

I think that is enough to be called wide.

My mate said its a long way to swim last time I hinted i wanted to go out there.

I read on (another?) forum that someone got a couple of them Marlin fish looking things :1prop: ...... 40-60kg ..... about that distance off Broken Bay in the last 2 weeks

EDIT ...just about to PM u the link

cheers

Edited by fishingrod

ID be going to NZ in that, plus so what if ones persons definiton of the word wide, is different to the next persons! Would you think less of them or something for having a different meaning of the word? :thumbdown: Should be Dollys around there, try trolling or live baiting around the fad which is near there.

Hey Roy, 2moro prolly, but the SST's are not looking favorible, plus its gonna rain, but you never know if you never go. Still got half a tank in the boat from a month ago so have to use it before it turns to utter poo! Hope we do ok. Last time we went out on mates boat " Yankee Doodle" had a triple hook up on Wahoo but lost all three, wont get into that, it still shites me to this day!

K.

plus so what if ones persons definiton of the word wide, is different to the next persons! Would you think less of them or something for having a different meaning of the word? :thumbdown:

I certainly dont think anything less of Frantic. But there is no point me offering advice about a spot 5 miles out when he is 20 miles out.

Being a Rescue Boat Skipper ... the amount of times ive been given bum directions is not funny. Luckily no lives lost at the time.

All taken in good spirit.

cheers

Rod

Thanks people ,dont know about fuel consumption but it cost him about $1600.00

to fill her up last week,glad im not paying for the fuel just gotta bring the gear but

which wont be a problem,might take a couple of big outfits and a couple of light ones

for the dollies,cheers.

craig