Fish Id

blue swimmer

Question

Caught a fish in Narrabeen Lake and don't know what it is...Have a photo but it is on film camera. It was about 80cm long, kind of cylindrical body, strong fish that circled the boat continuously as being wound in, it had a long thin snout FULL of teeth. The teeth weren't pin %%%%% sharp like needles, more like saw teeth....

not a pike or hairtail

any ideas??????? I've looked at hundreds of fish on the net and haven't seen it........

rod

14 answers to this question

Yes Rod...Deifinitely a Long Tom...There have been quite a few caught in Narra Lake lately.

The lake sure has a diverse mix of fish in it at the moment and I can't wait to get back

down there for some "therapy" sessions.

My doctor told me yesterday that it should be OK for me to return to fishing now as long as I

take it easy...That's all I wanted to hear..Wooohooo!! The only stipulation is not to lift heavy weights. :074:

Big flatties don't constitute heavy weights in my book.

Bring it on!!

Cheers,

Pete.

Yes Rod...Deifinitely a Long Tom...There have been quite a few caught in Narra Lake lately.

The lake sure has a diverse mix of fish in it at the moment and I can't wait to get back

down there for some "therapy" sessions.

My doctor told me yesterday that it should be OK for me to return to fishing now as long as I

take it easy...That's all I wanted to hear..Wooohooo!! The only stipulation is not to lift heavy weights. :074:

Big flatties don't constitute heavy weights in my book.

Bring it on!!

Cheers,

Pete.

any garfish in the lake at the moment? so tasty when fried....

any garfish in the lake at the moment? so tasty when fried....

Haven't seen any gars this year. That's not to say they aren't there...just not where I fish. LOL.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete