Clifton Gardens

wildfish

just droped in to clifton gardens this morning around 9, on my work rounds. had to wait around till 10 for next delivery to open, so i hung around for a while to check the action.

there were 4 fishermen, 2 groups i think and there were 2 buckets with fish 1 had 2 and the other had 1 all bonito. whilst i was there 1 guy caught another bonito, was great to watch! using 10lb vanish leader and id say slightly smaller braid, but was spooled onto a very light ***** combo that i have a few of, didnt that fish fly about like a missile.

he also mentioned that he got busted off on a king earlier! :biggrin2:

Hey

was there myself yesterday, i was busted off by 2 kingies and landed a bonnie.

I was using 8 pound line and it as awesome, the other bonnie followed it in also therefore i decided it was slack separating the pair, especially on valentines day.

i kept seeing the bonnies move around in the waters, in LARGE numbers.

seems its happening there atm , so i'm heading there again tomorrow for a quick bash.

Cheers Jin

Hey

was there myself yesterday, i was busted off by 2 kingies and landed a bonnie.

I was using 8 pound line and it as awesome, the other bonnie followed it in also therefore i decided it was slack separating the pair, especially on valentines day.

i kept seeing the bonnies move around in the waters, in LARGE numbers.

seems its happening there atm , so i'm heading there again tomorrow for a quick bash.

Cheers Jin

hey were you the guy i was fishin next to this morning? I'm the guy who is hopeless at netting :( Late in the day (11:30 or so) a couple of kings turned up hitting the baitfish but they wouldn't touch any baits or lures :(

Only one was landed while i was there (6 hours) there was a couple around, but not many biting. The mackrel were everywhere though. I expect there to be a million people around on the weekend, because it was quite busy for a friday morning. Let us know how you do.

hey were you the guy i was fishin next to this morning? I'm the guy who is hopeless at netting :( Late in the day (11:30 or so) a couple of kings turned up hitting the baitfish but they wouldn't touch any baits or lures :(

was the guy next to you an 20yo Asian male?

If so then yeh its me, my name is Jin.

was the guy next to you an 20yo Asian male?

If so then yeh its me, my name is Jin.

there was a couple of asian dudes there :) a group of 2 next to me, then a dude with his girlfriend that left, and a few other caucasian guys. Nice to meet you anyway if it was you. Everyone was pretty friendly there, pity there wasn't more kings to go round - just the one for one of the guys :\

Edited by rzep

there was a couple of asian dudes there :) a group of 2 next to me, then a dude with his girlfriend that left, and a few other caucasian guys. Nice to meet you anyway if it was you. Everyone was pretty friendly there, pity there wasn't more kings to go round - just the one for one of the guys :\

Hi Guys,

I was there Friday & sat arvo. Friday saw one Bonito pulled in at about 5:30 & nothing much else until a 60cm flattie was pulled in about 7pm. My tally was 6 or 8 little snapper. Sat arvo saw my brother his daughter my :wife: & myself turn up around 5 again. Tally this time was niece 4 bream to 26cm :wife: 1 bream of around 30cm brother was 1 little rock cod & myself a baby trevally 2 baby snapper & one bust off by what I suspect was a thumper bream. Nice spot to wet a line though & will be going back

Paul